Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:04 AM   #1
BlackedOutRex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 36172
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black

Default Clicking noise at shut off...

I have an 02 Wrx Sedan with the following mods:

Spearco TMIC
Apexi Short Ram
Injen DP
HKS UP
Apexi cat back
ACT 9.6lb flywheel
Apexi EBC @ 16psi
Apexi AFC being used as a guage
Turbonetics Atmospheric BOV
Perrin Lightened crank pully

I recently switched back my stock turbo manifold after using a Borla for a while. Car runs rich, but where WRXs typically do.

After I shut the car off, I notice a clicking noise. First I thought, *****, bearins on stock turbo are gone. But the noise seems to come from the front of the engine, somewhere in the area of the crank. Only it does it when the car is turned off after driving, lasts for about 5 minutes. Anyone had similiar problems or know what this might be? Also, not throwing any CELs and the car is about due for an oil change. Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help you can give.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BlackedOutRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
REX8
*** Banned ***

Member#: 24038
Chapter/Region: South East

First car? All cars click...things that get hot and expend, then they must contract. All cars do it...
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote