Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #1
Eric SS
Sooby Guru

Member#: 1914
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS w/ EJ22T
swap and N20. gone. : (

Default Laptop question: Can I swap my hard drive into a better laptop??

I'm sick of how old and slow my work laptop is...

If I wanted to by a cheap laptop on Ebay or some placewithout a hard drive or RAM, wouldit be just as easy as swapping my hard drive and RAM into a new "shell" and laptop motherboard.

I really don't know a better way to explain it. Thanks.

Eric
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:14 AM   #2
fuzzycuffs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32309
Vehicle:
2003 Silver WRX
Who needs a car in Tokyo?

hrm... not really. It might work but it will have to redetect every single bit of hardware over again.

It'd be easier to buy another laptop and just take your old laptop hdd and put it in a usb or firewire enclosure and have it as extra portable storage.
fuzzycuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #3
Eric SS
Sooby Guru

Member#: 1914
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS w/ EJ22T
swap and N20. gone. : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzycuffs
hrm... not really. It might work but it will have to redetect every single bit of hardware over again.

It'd be easier to buy another laptop and just take your old laptop hdd and put it in a usb or firewire enclosure and have it as extra portable storage.
Thanks.

I guess I'll just wait until November when my 3 year cycle time is up so I can get a new one.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 AM   #4
fuzzycuffs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32309
Vehicle:
2003 Silver WRX
Who needs a car in Tokyo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS
Thanks.

I guess I'll just wait until November when my 3 year cycle time is up so I can get a new one.
Ahh, lifecycle... futureproof next time.

Or, become an exec. They go through new hardware every year. Then it's that fun hand-me-down chain.
fuzzycuffs is offline   Reply With Quote