Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday November 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #126
snoopy_sti
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 164942
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
2007 WRX STI Limited

Default

duly agreed
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snoopy_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #127
tjmmason93
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300250
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: va
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
I venture to say that if you ask this question and cant spell "wanna", or form a sentence, that it would be a bad idea for you to attempt tuning a car.
wannaˈwnə,ˈw-/informalcontraction3rd person present:*wanna1.want to; want a.




A "word" recognized by almost every individual with a form of English as their 1st language....
(P.s thats ALOT of people) we apologize for you lack of a social life.

Sometimes you guys OD this **** and I apologize, but comon? if you can read it and clearly understand it 1st time around then their should be no need to criticize over it. I agree when it takes 2-3 times to understand, something should be said. But circumstances such as this need to just be left alone.
tjmmason93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #128
Scargod
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260314
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: S central CT, New England
Vehicle:
2008 STI hatch
silver

Default

Ah, but you couldn't leave it alone!
To paraphrase another active Subie poster who needed to rant:
"... Is it just me or is social media making the new generation less resourceful? In my day, if you needed something, you made do with the means at your disposal or you learned the hard way what they were. Now, it's like no one has any common sense to problem solve; always turning to social media to beg other people to find the solution for them. The internet is indeed a gold mine of information (if you're able to filter out all the f'n crap), but for Pete's sake, don't always ask other people to dig it up for you! It's like their parents never taught them anything useful in real life...

The good old ways are still viable! Smart phones are still a f'n PHONE, use it to make calls! Ever thought of calling the dealership, the auto parts store, the salvage yard, a knowledgeable friend, or daddy (heck, even grandpa)? Sure, you'll sometimes have trouble finding a competent person, but chances are you'll get your solution faster than waiting for the internet page to refresh. Also, ever tried attempting said repair yourself? You might screw up but at least you'll learn something. It's better than nothing and you'd be no worse than you were before!
"

This isn't just me finding fault with a misspelled word. I'm saying don't come to the party naked and ask for clothes and a ride home. If you can find your way to this thread to make your first post you should be able to do a little research and know that this is not the place to start to learn and then ask to be taught. You're still going to have to know where to find the OBD port...
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #129
tjmmason93
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300250
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: va
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
JBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
Ah, but you couldn't leave it alone!
To paraphrase another active Subie poster who needed to rant:
"... Is it just me or is social media making the new generation less resourceful? In my day, if you needed something, you made do with the means at your disposal or you learned the hard way what they were. Now, it's like no one has any common sense to problem solve; always turning to social media to beg other people to find the solution for them. The internet is indeed a gold mine of information (if you're able to filter out all the f'n crap), but for Pete's sake, don't always ask other people to dig it up for you! It's like their parents never taught them anything useful in real life...

The good old ways are still viable! Smart phones are still a f'n PHONE, use it to make calls! Ever thought of calling the dealership, the auto parts store, the salvage yard, a knowledgeable friend, or daddy (heck, even grandpa)? Sure, you'll sometimes have trouble finding a competent person, but chances are you'll get your solution faster than waiting for the internet page to refresh. Also, ever tried attempting said repair yourself? You might screw up but at least you'll learn something. It's better than nothing and you'd be no worse than you were before!"

This isn't just me finding fault with a misspelled word. I'm saying don't come to the party naked and ask for clothes and a ride home. If you can find your way to this thread to make your first post you should be able to do a little research and know that this is not the place to start to learn and then ask to be taught. You're still going to have to know where to find the OBD port...
Personally I agree to an extreme measure at everything you've just posted. Luckily being only 19 I was brought up to work for what I wanted and worked hard for it I did, personally I try to do research on everything before I post... the issue is when you start you don't know any better and I'm sure last year when I got my 1st subaru I made a dumbass post or 2, it unfortunately was something I learned real quickly not to do because of how annoying I noticed it was when others did it.

People take advantage of the Internet every day. But I see to much on here, of people being **** on for not putting a semicolon in the correct place!? A semicolon for christ sakes! It just can irritate me at times and I ranted it out on u. (My apologies)

But I feel their was still a better way to simply state "have you done any research on this?" And when they reply with an obvious no, just explain that thats the only way their gonna learn...

Im loosing my train if thought, regardless I just think certain people OD the whole "grammatically correct" and being a fellow nasioc member im sure you have seen it 1st hand.

Guidance teaches, ignorance just causes more ignorance.
tjmmason93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #130
n3zor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379031
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Blue

Question WRX 2011 Tune Needed

Can anyone help me out? I need to tune my 2011 wrx remotely, any help would be much appreciated!
n3zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:11 AM   #131
Western
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 371150
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta, GA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi

Default

I know this is an ancient thread, but great information! Thanks to all who put this together. Im becoming less of a newb by the day!
Western is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #132
mccaguej
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393838
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brighton, MI
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX Wag
Dark Grey Metallic

Default Great Info

Great source of information. I did however have a question about the "need for engine management". If I am getting a short ram intake and cat back exhaust, would that necessitate a tune? I am not looking to run a whole lot of mods or spend much money so what would be the difference (in benefits/drawbacks) between those upgrades with and without a stage 1 tune.
mccaguej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #133
4ged207
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 392863
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default

anyone with first hand experience with a great engine management option for a JDM V7 STI EJ207? Plan on running 93octane with Meth Injection!
4ged207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #134
4ged207
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 392863
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default

I was thinking of going with Link G4 Extreme Engine Management?
4ged207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #135
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ged207 View Post
anyone with first hand experience with a great engine management option for a JDM V7 STI EJ207? Plan on running 93octane with Meth Injection!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ged207 View Post
I was thinking of going with Link G4 Extreme Engine Management?
Great engine management, I run one myself but do you really have a need for a full standalone? Its very capable but way overkill for most builds. Stock ECU on SD with a reflash is pretty good too.

Also, if you're not tuning yourself the price for quality standalone tunes aren't cheap and setting up from scratch is time consuming.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! Unabomber Newbies & FAQs 289 11-19-2014 07:56 AM
Uppipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! Unabomber Newbies & FAQs 370 11-11-2014 05:51 PM
Downpipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! Unabomber Newbies & FAQs 308 09-15-2014 10:32 AM
Pulley FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! Unabomber Newbies & FAQs 108 01-25-2014 02:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.