Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 77950
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

Default Momo Auto Shifter in Baja

Hi all, so I reciently put the sti auto pedal set in my 2003 baja, and was wondering if they momo auto shifter replacement will fit. It does look like it will but wondering if anyway has used this in the baja.

cheers,
p
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
primeministerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
coachjdc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 84878
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Sport
Grey/Silver

coachjdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Samirr76
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4835
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 Baja 5MT
Yellow w/ 220,000 miles

I guess that answers that question
Samirr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

Yeah, but I was asking about the automatic. does anyone know if there's a different thread?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
cliffhanger
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80446
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 5spd Baja-T
370+405=new clutch

yeah, i was wondering what question that was answering as well...
cliffhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #6
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

So just got the momo automatic shifter, it's in and it looks great.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #7
cliffhanger
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 5spd Baja-T
370+405=new clutch

well, lets see a pic or something.. where did you get it?
Old 08-28-2005, 11:35 PM   #8
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

Default momo auto shifter

finally took a pic.

pouliot.net/modules/Gallery/album18/Photo_082705_002
Old 08-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
cliffhanger
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 5spd Baja-T
370+405=new clutch

looks good! saw your pic of the alpine amp under the back seat, doesnt it overheat with the seat down? can you still use the switchback? and finally, how did you get it in there, hollow out the seat a bit? btw, great place to stick the cap!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Mr.Jalapeņo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92777
Vehicle:
'03 Baja
Silver

What is the contraption on image #12?

Thanks!
Mr.Jalapeņo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #11
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

cliffhanger... Hey thanks. I've only had the amp overheat once after about 14 hours of cranking some sirius radio during a cookout. It was a custom install, so that I could keep the switch back. Basically the back seat was fabricated to fit the amp. There was a bar welded in to add support. Everything still functions as it should. The cap is sweet also. That's the winner, just when you think you have seen everything you pop the cover off and show the cap... the general reaction is usually "*** is that?". Unfortunately I paid handsomely for the install. Let's just say the wife wasn't happy. Bought most of gear via ebay. Did lots of research. Here's the rundown if your interested. Alpine 9855 head unit, w/ ipod and sirius adapters, Alpine 5 channel amp (mrv-450?), Infinity Kappa 6.5 in the doors, and the bazooka tube behind the passenger seat. Over all I like the system, but have had problems w/ the head unit. The motor that controls the face keeps dying. And alpine won't honor the warrenty because I didn't buy it from an authorized alpine dealer. I actually have to pull it out again to get fixed. Also started looking into some other interior mods. Looking to get the jdm hazard button. Also just purchased the secret weapon intake after reading a good article in subie sport mag. So its a work in progress. Although, I just got dinged in the parking lot at work again. The cladding is taking a beating. That's the only thing i dispise about the car. It was the worse idea to paint the cladding silver. I wish I had one of the newer baja's that has the plastic cladding w/o paint. My wife has it on her forester, it can take a beating... but the baja cladding is a different story.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #12
cliffhanger
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 5spd Baja-T
370+405=new clutch

can you post a pic of the seat where the support is welded in? that may be something i will have to look into, ive got two amps i want to put in, ive gotten the (front) seats raised an inch to fit them under there, but there just really isnt enough headroom... maybe a pic of which part of the seat was cut out to fit the amp? can you really put the back of the seat down flat and use the switchback? that's pretty impressive. did you have to modify that part at all? yeah, i really like that cap install, i may have to put mine in there. sorry for all the questions, i am really interested...
oh yeah.... damn people who hit your doors in the parking lot! they should all be tortured!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #13
primeministerp
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black/Sliver

CliffHanger... No problem on the questions. I noticed a severe lack of information, when I was putting the system together. So.. That being said. There are already pictures there. YOu can actually see the back part of the seat down in the earlier photos. There is also closeup of the amp compartment. Here's the whole album.. pouliot.net/modules/Gallery/album18

The pick of the back down is on the second pages. Also to the eye, the seat looks normal so you wouldn't see the bar.