Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #1
boobiewoo!
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91132
Vehicle:
1998 impreza RS....T
brittish racing green

Default Need Help With 98 Impreza

WELL, SATURDAY I WENT AHEAD AND CHANGED MY SYSTEM BACK FROM A PARALLEL FUEL RAIL TO A SERIES FUEL RAIL, AND WENT AHEAD AND TOOK OUT MY 550CC INJECTORS, AND PUT THE STOCK ONES BACK IN W/ AN FMU.
I DID THIS BECAUSE I KNEW MY INJECTORS WERE LEAKING, BECAUSE I HAD TO J-B WELD THEM INTO THE RAIL....YEA, YOU HEARD RIGHT! THEY WERE ORIGINALLY FROM AN SR20 MOTOR....AND I THOUGHT THAT THEY FIT BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES , I HEAR....BUT IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME....SO I MADE IT WORK! WELL ANYWAYS, THAT LASTED A YEAR....AND WITH THE PRICES OF GAS IT WAS JUST KILLING ME. SO, I CHANGED THEM OUT AND PUT THE STOCK IN, ALONG WITH PUTTING IN THE FMU. WELL, I GOT IT TO RUN.....AFTER A COUPLE MINUTES OF TURNING AND SOME THUNKING AND ROUGH NOISES....BUT ANYWAYS, NOW I GOT WHITE SMOKE PUFFING OUT MY EXHAUST, AND SPLASHES OF GAS. THIS IS GOING TO KILL MY TURBO ...ISNT IT? ANYWAYS, IM SURE ITS GAS.. IT CAUGHT ON FIRE WHEN I HELD MY CIGARETTE BACK THERE. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR ANYTHING. SO, THEN I THINK ONE OF MY INJECTORS ARE BAD...THEYVE BEEN SITTING IN THE TOOL BOX A YEAR...SO I HAD AN EXTRA, AND I CHANGED OUT EACH ONE, AND TRIED TO START AFTERWARD....STILL SAME RESULT. I DID NOTICE THAT IT GOT HARDER AND HARDER TO START. I TURNED ALL MY S-AFC SETTINGS BACK TO ZERO EARLIER. IM THINKING MAYBE IT JUMPED TIME ON THE TIMMING BELT OR SOMETHING....I GUESS THATS THE ONLY WAY IT COULD THROUGH GAS OUT THE EXHAUST, OR IF THERE A VALVE BROKEN OR SOMETHING. WELL, I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUST SUFFERED WITH THE PRICE OF GAS , HUH!? I ORIGINALLY GOT THIS HAIR IN MY ASS TO DO THIS BECAUSE I GOT MY EGT GAUGE FINALLY INSTALLED, ON #4 , AND I CHANGED BACK TO SERIES FUEL RAIL SO I KNEW IT WOULD BE THE LEANIEST CYLINDER, AND THE INJECTORS WERE LEAKING, (I DISCOVERED THAT WHEN I PULLED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD). BUT NOW, IT WONT START AT ALL. IT GETS SPARK, BUT WHEN I PRESS THE SCHRADER VALVE I INSTALLED ON THE RAIL FOR A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE, THERES NOTHING. TODAY IM GOING TO GO AND LOOK AT ALL THE INJECTOR O-RINGS, AND PULL OFF THE PLASTIC TIMING BELT COVER, AND CHECK IT ALL OUT AT THE TIMING MARKS. IF ANYONE HAS SOME SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING, ITS APPRECIATED VERY MUCH.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
boobiewoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

whoa caps and hit the enter key once in a while

the best way to use the sr injectors in a subaru is to get a 1.8 fuel rail they drop in (as do usdm STI injectors) and the 1.8 rail will bolt to most manafolds
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
boobiewoo!
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91132
Vehicle:
1998 impreza RS....T
brittish racing green

no ****? ive never heard of that! well, i finally got everything straightened out. i re-jb welded them ****ers, and put them back in. my guess is the the stock injectors went bad sitting in a toolbox; undisturbed ; for a year.
anyways, thanks, and my apologies for all the smoke out there on I-95!
boobiewoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
VTsuby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 81369
Vehicle:
2007 STI
Black

I would just hate to think that an injector got stuck open flooded the engine and washed the bores so bad causing oil to slip past explaining the white smoke
VTsuby is offline   Reply With Quote