Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
CitySubie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 60099
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza RS
The perty blue one

Default WRX and RS offset?

I'm in the market for new wheels and I was interested in 17x7 +40mm offset. They fit on a WRX but I was told by Discount Tires they will not fit my RS. Why is that? Wouldn't that fit my 2003 RS that came with 16x6.5 +55mm offset?

The stock 6.5" wide rim w/+55mm offset leaves 1.085"/27.55mm of the rim on the fender side and 5.415"/137.55mm in the strut side (measuring from where the hub/wheel meet).

A 7" wide rim w/+40mm offset leaves 1.925"/48.9mm of the rim on the fender side and 5.075"/128.9mm on the strut side.

So the 7" wheel itself would be 1/4" further away from the strut and 3/4" closer to the fender.

Does the RS and WRX have something different under the fender?

I have Eibach Pro Kits and KYB/AGX's that are for both RS and WRX for 2002-2003.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CitySubie is offline   Reply With Quote