Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 4, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
kayfouroh
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 280113
Vehicle:
2011 Forester

Thumbs down BAD experience at Grand Prix Subaru (Hicksville NY)

I posted this review on Dealerrater.com but I was hoping to make the experience more known

I went in to purchase a 2011 Forester today and brought in an ad from the Grand Prix Subaru website offering me $2,500.00 on top of my vehicle's trade in price. We were told there were no 2011s available and I was offered a 2010 for the price of a 2011 ($24,000). I said this was not acceptable as I could go to another dealer and pay the same amount for a brand new 2011. I was then told I would be offered over $5,000 for my 5 year old car after the extra $2,500.00 incentive. Once paperwork came out, that offer mysteriously disappeared and I was given the runaround on the 2011 having a price increase over the 2010 and I was getting a great deal. Ended up walking out, did not appreciate being lied to and strung along. I told them the sale of the car was contingent on the trade-in incentive and they would not budge. I overheard the salesman talking to the manager and the manager kept telling the salesman to knock even more off my trade-in price (after suddenly taking the $2,500.00 incentive off the table) and to look for "scratches" -- unacceptable. Then they asked for a bank check and would not accept my bank's purchase process (Bank of America has the dealership send the purchase order to them to process. I am not handed any money. BoA said this is normal and if I am trading in a car and can prove I have financing, it would not be a problem). After I left, I was told they would give me $3,000.00 for the trade-in (still not allowing the extra $2,500.00 incentive) if I would take the 2010 today (which I really didn't want, since with 2012 coming out so soon the 2010 would already be 2 years old).

Not going back, and I don't recommend anyone else does. I was flat out lied to and did not want to spend another second there.

FYI: The ad is STILL being advertised on their site. http://www.grandprix.subarusdc.com/

http://imm.io/52E1
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by kayfouroh; 04-17-2011 at 10:39 AM.
kayfouroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
nx1no
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311740

I just found this post, and wanted to follow up. To make it easier for me, will post my review from Google:

On Saturday, February 25th, I walked in to Grand Prix after having a hard time at another Queens dealership. Due to the good reviews, I thought that they would be different. BOY was I wrong! I met with my salesmen, told him I wanted an Impreza, and we picked out the car I wanted off the lot in maybe 20 minutes. I was also trading in my 2010 truck, because the gas mileage was killing me. They completely low balled me on my truck, but I was ok with it because I just wanted to get rid of it. The salesmen kept going back and forth for 4 hours on the price of the new car. I was told it would be 400 a month, then 412, then 415, the price kept going up and up. After we were ready to finally make a deal (this is about 4 and a half hours after I walked in, AND put a down payment on the car) I'm told that the car was sold before I walked in. Ok, no big deal, they say they have the same exact car in stock. It pulls up, and it's a BASE model, I wanted a limited. To this day, they still have my down deposit, and are giving me a hard time.

I ended up going to another dealership in Riverhead, who treated me like an actual person. The salesmen weren't pushy, and actually gave me a great deal on my new car, and gave me much more for my old one. They were so good, my fiance decided to buy one too.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH GRAND PRIX YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!
nx1no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Sofakinglong
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 113368
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 FORESTER
WRB

Default Grand Prix

I feel you guys pain but I give Grand Prix a thumbs up. Compared to NYC dealerships, any place else is better. Pricing wise I did all my pricing by phone to all the dealerships in Nyc and Long Island. Grand Prix offered the best overall package. I walked in the showroom with a firm price and didn't budge. They tried sitting me in the room with the package guy that tries to bump up the price with add on but no dice here. The parts department are a bunch of good guys that you can talk to. For a guy like me that works on his own car that's important. Ordering parts isn't a whole production like some dealerships that requires your VIN number everytime you order a wiper blade. If you know the part number they get it for you and quick. They also give you a free loaner car if you purchased through them.

The only negative experience I've had with grand prix which is common with most automakers is the service department. Until they know you they will talk to you like a 60yr old woman that just got her license a day ago and doesn't know where the gas nozzle goes. "I know my aftermarket exhaust makes noise but I said check my wheel bearing because it's making the grinding noise"
Sofakinglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Mikegswrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 317674

I got my Subaru wrx from koeppell and it was a good deal I was happy they didn't give me the runaround I went in got the car $500 over invoice and was driving the car home in 2 hours had no problems at all
Mikegswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
2012NYCSUBIE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327440
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 IMPREZA SPT LTD
DARK GRAY METALLIC

My co-worker has a 2013 impreza sport limited from Grand Prix dealership. He got free oil changes for 1 year. Monday he went to the dealership to get a free oil change. Picks up his car drive 13 miles home and when he gets on his street the oil light came on. He checks the dipstick and it was dry. He calls the dealership and they send out a tech. He puts in 4qts of oil!!!!!!!! Now hes wondering what kind of damadge has been done to the engine. Not sure if anything can be done, since the engine sounds fine.
2012NYCSUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Jbonyc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofakinglong View Post
I feel you guys pain but I give Grand Prix a thumbs up. Compared to NYC dealerships, any place else is better. Pricing wise I did all my pricing by phone to all the dealerships in Nyc and Long Island. Grand Prix offered the best overall package. I walked in the showroom with a firm price and didn't budge. They tried sitting me in the room with the package guy that tries to bump up the price with add on but no dice here. The parts department are a bunch of good guys that you can talk to. For a guy like me that works on his own car that's important. Ordering parts isn't a whole production like some dealerships that requires your VIN number everytime you order a wiper blade. If you know the part number they get it for you and quick. They also give you a free loaner car if you purchased through them.

The only negative experience I've had with grand prix which is common with most automakers is the service department. Until they know you they will talk to you like a 60yr old woman that just got her license a day ago and doesn't know where the gas nozzle goes. "I know my aftermarket exhaust makes noise but I said check my wheel bearing because it's making the grinding noise"
So what's the secret with dealing with the service/parts department?
Jbonyc is offline   Reply With Quote