|08-16-2005, 11:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Glendale, Queens NYVehicle:
1998 A MONSTER
SOON BMW STEEL GREY
4eat to 5spd
ok well this is my situation i swapped out the auto tranny and installed a 1997 outback tranny, driveshaft and diff in my 98 legacy. so here are the couple problems that i have run into.
1) well i have no reverse lights and have no idea hot to wire that up
2) the speedo do not work, i believe that the speed is known from the tranny so i wanted to know does anyone know how to wire it up so i know what im doing?
3) ok i have a cel code in the car. it says that there is a short in the auto tranny ecu. well cause it isnt there. so instead of changing the ecu can i trick the ecu? well i read on the subaru conversions page when someone did a tranny swap on there car which was a 92 legacy all they had to do was ground a pin.
anyone have any ideas for this stuff.
thx in advance
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|08-16-2005, 11:43 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2002
2002 WRX 6MT 312whp
Well I just finsh the wiring on a swap 1998 legacy GT 2.5 auto to 2.0 turbo with wrx 5 speed.
1) For the back-up lights you need to run a wire from the backup light fuse (witch will run to the TCU, should be black yellow) to one side of the revers back-up switch and then the other side of the back-up switch to the wire that runs to the back-up lights (this wire will be one of the wires that ran to the top of the auto trany, should be brown yellow)
2) Vehicle speed senser #2 on the auto trany all ready ran to the cluster. Just plug it into the speed senser on the 5 speed. If is not the same plug then swich the old speed sensor into the new trany.
3) Well I'm used the WRX ECU from a 5 speed wrx, But I think your on the right track. I just checked my wiring diagram and yes there is a pin on the ecu Pin #81 (black white) on a 98-99 2.5 Legacy 5 volts for AT and 0 volts for MT. So you would cut the wire and then ground it.
Please check all of the wire colors and locations first. The Swap I'm doing is not done. I just started putting the wiring back in the car. So I have not tested the car yet.
Last edited by AFBeefcake; 08-16-2005 at 11:58 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|4EAT to 5spd Write up? DIY?||soccerdommer||Subaru Conversions||3||07-15-2008 05:56 PM|
|4eat to newer 4eat swap?||morrocco88||Subaru Conversions||14||01-28-2008 11:23 PM|
|4EAT to 5spd Switcheroo...||JohnnyWas||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||5||06-29-2006 08:07 PM|
|Where and how to upgrade my 4eat to either a 4eat SS or 5eat SS?||Diabolical1 CC||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||1||03-10-2005 05:11 PM|
|4EAT change to 5spd.. what do I need?||RoOks69||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||6||02-19-2005 12:30 PM|