Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Tattoo Collector
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 19364
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza RS
Black Mica Pearl

Default New motor in, now car won't start

I just finished building my EJ25D and I was putting it in my car today. The whole thing is in, wired, plumbed, etc. The car is turning over, but it won't start. I pulled a coil wire and there is spark. I pulled off one of the lines that feeds the fuel rail and it shot fuel all over the motor. So I know I have gas getting at least to the fuel rail. All of my wiring is connected from what I can see.
It's been 3 years since I worked on a Subaru, so I'm a little rusty. Does anyone have any ideas?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tattoo Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
Brain G
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83998
Vehicle:
04 Sti
WRBlue

Default no start

You could check to make sure your timing is correct, if you haven't already. Take off your belt covers and make sure the belt hasn't skipped a tooth or two.
Brain G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
Tattoo Collector
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 19364
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza RS
Black Mica Pearl

I was thinking that but I didn't want to believe it. I timed the motor with a new subaru belt. I know that it was timed right when I put it in the damn car! I really hope that it's not the problem. I've wasted so much damn time on this motor already. I'll check that out tomorrow, does anyone have any other ideas?

How do I check fuel pressure on this car?
Tattoo Collector is offline   Reply With Quote