Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1997 Outback

Default "What class am I in?" thread

I am hoping this goes over well. I am hoping for this to be a simple forum where someone could list their mods, and then someone would tell them what class they are in for Auto-x.

For reference: http://www.scca.com/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf

I'll start...

Car: '05 STi
Go: TBE with catted DP, Cobb StreetTUNER (many maps for various octane levels), TGV delete, Airraid panel filter, grounding kit
Stop: SS lines
Turn: F/R sways, strut bars, endlinks. Prodrive springs. Cusco and Tanabe underbraces.
Wheels/Tires: stock
Other: 4 pt harness (uses stock seatbelt locations for mounts), carbon fiber front lip and trunk (wingless)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
jbrennen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37478
Vehicle:
2003 Evo
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemoves
Car: '05 STi
Go: TBE with catted DP, Cobb StreetTUNER (many maps for various octane levels), TGV delete, Airraid panel filter, grounding kit
Stop: SS lines
Turn: F/R sways, strut bars, endlinks. Prodrive springs. Cusco and Tanabe underbraces.
Wheels/Tires: stock
Other: 4 pt harness (uses stock seatbelt locations for mounts), carbon fiber front lip and trunk (wingless)
You're probably in E Modified as the car sits now -- which is a pretty wide open class where virtually anything goes as long as you keep the floor pan and the general body shape of the car.

You could run Street Modified with some minor changes. You'd need a stock trunk lid, although you can remove the wing. The underbraces are quite possibly illegal in Street Modified. Check to see if they'd be legal under sections 15.2.C or 16.1.G. Basically, if the underbrace connects from one side of the car to the other, it can't connect the two frame rails.
jbrennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

Neither of the underbraces are legal for SM, nor is the trunk. You might be eligible to run in A-Prepared, but I don't know. To make your car SM legal you'd have to take off the braces and put the stock trunk lid back on.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #4
DrBiggly
Scooby Guru

Member#: 11482
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Acute Stickeritis

shemoves,
While that's a nice idea it's already been done and is a sticky only a few threads above yours here in the Motorsports forum.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174189

The thread referenced in the above link encompasses common modifications, which things are legal for what class for Subarus, and also includes discussions (some quite lengthy) on particulars and touchy classification issues (like the ALK for example.)

-Biggly
DrBiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1997 Outback

Everyone, thx for the cool replies and not the usual crap. DrBiggly, I had seen that before but didn't see it when I searched...I'll reference that from now on.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote