Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 2, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:25 AM   #1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 57846
Default Lighting Question...

Simple question for all the boys and girls:

How can one tell the difference between the JDM and EDM halogen projector lamps for 2002/3 WRX? Is there a difference in the appearance? Or do they look the same with the exception that EDM is for LHD and JDM for RHD? I'm curious since i purchaced a set of EDM lights however the leveling motor is a 6 pin connector and from what I've read, the JDM is a 6 pin and EDM a 4 pin..

I found the part number for the EDM lamps however the lamp itself has no marking.

....Please help!!
Thanks!
370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Wrinkleboi
Top Scoob 006

Member#: 14424
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
BugI w/ 07 STi Swap
www.TriStateTuners.com

wow i'm searching for the EXACT same thing right now. i have a 6 pin levelling motor harness but i have EDMs... they definitely have a LHD beam pattern and have never been opened or modified. I did buy them used, but can tell from the seam that they have never been taken apart. I cant find a part number on my lights either...
maybe if a mod edits the thread title to be a bit more descriptive it'll help with some responses.
bryan
Wrinkleboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
PARANOID56
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22035
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2003 Brocoma DCab
71 FJ40, 13 DRZ400SM

you could just plug them into a 12v power sorce and see what way the light shines.
\____ = JDM
____/ = EDM
PARANOID56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Wrinkleboi
Top Scoob 006

Vehicle:
BugI w/ 07 STi Swap
www.TriStateTuners.com

i KNOW they are EDM... i've had them on my car for quite some time. i'm in the middle of installing a headlight levelling switch in the 6-pin harness... which doesnt make sense.
the EDMs should have a 4-pin harness, and the JDMs should have a 6-pin harness. i'm just wondering what gives here...
i cant find a part number on the light itself... does anyone know where to look or can anyone explain the EDM light with 6-pin levelling harness thing ot me?
bryan
Old 11-17-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
PARANOID56
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22035
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2003 Brocoma DCab
71 FJ40, 13 DRZ400SM

yea, i know you know, but i was reponding to the orginal poster

So, you are saying, that your edms have a 6pin motor? if so, get the 6pin switch and be done with it.
Shane
PARANOID56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
Wrinkleboi
Top Scoob 006

Vehicle:
BugI w/ 07 STi Swap
www.TriStateTuners.com

oh ok it seems that the original poster and myself are in teh exact same position, in that we know the beam pattern indicates LHD and that is how they were described, but they have the 6-pin wiring harness. i bought a 6 pin levelling switch and am in the middle of installing it right now. i'll post back confirming that it works fine when i'm finished.
bryan