Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
TEKNOSYS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79839
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
Aspen White

Default Ignition Lead?

I'm hooking up a Bluetooth car kit in my WRX, and I need to find out where to hook up the ignition lead. I got the power and ground spliced off the radio, but I need to hook into the ignition so the unit powers on and off with the ignition. What's the easiest way to do this? The unit is a Sony Ericsson HCB-300
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TEKNOSYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
i102spd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92130
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 2.5rs
PSM

i would assume the location of the ignition wires is pretty close to the same as in my 02... however i suspect you may be looking for the accessory wire rather than the ignition wire... i got both of these wires for my remote start right at the key cylinder... remove the lower panel of the steering column right behind the steering wheel... then you'll see a small cylindrical thing in line with where you put the key in... should have 4 or 5 thick wires coming off it... using a test light find the one that goes on and off w/ the key... to simplify you can also remove the cylinder so it's easier to work with and you can reach farther back on the wires; it pulls right out
i102spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
armand1
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10309
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 OBS 2-tone!
'95 Montego Miata

You're looking for a "switched" power or ACC wire. Just get it from the radio harness like you did the constant +12V and ground wires. Check out the forum sticky here or in the Car Audio, Video & Security forum for a link to a diagram showing the pinouts.
armand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
05 GTO/11 Sonata(!)

Also, you can use the cigarette lighter which is accessory power, or there is a yellow/red wire at the top/front of the under-dash fuse box which is another accessory source.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote