Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #101
Gregor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 100824
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_h4 View Post
Right now, without key inside cylinder, 1st press unlocks all door, 2nd press unlocks trunk. Unlock from door panel opens all doors and pops trunk.
Yes, I believe this ideas was discussed earlier in the thread and it was felt that the second press on inside button popping the trunk was a bad thing. I've been thinking about adding a button some where in the interior to pop the trunk. Since I've got the solinoid there, might as well use it. I know have a the manual release with is easy enough but I'm a geek. Adding the second button press when the to door gets you this without having a second button. However I think I will stick to the original plan. Nice job beating me, didn't know it was race.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #102
turbo_h4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 112433
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
06 WRX.stage2
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
Yes, I believe this ideas was discussed earlier in the thread and it was felt that the second press on inside button popping the trunk was a bad thing. I've been thinking about adding a button some where in the interior to pop the trunk. Since I've got the solinoid there, might as well use it. I know have a the manual release with is easy enough but I'm a geek. Adding the second button press when the to door gets you this without having a second button. However I think I will stick to the original plan. Nice job beating me, didn't know it was race.
Do you mean the unlock on the door panel? The reason why it's bad is because you may be on the highway and pop your trunk by accident. But my circuit does not let the trunk open when the key is inside the cylinder.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
turbo_h4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #103
Gregor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 100824
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_h4 View Post
Do you mean the unlock on the door panel? The reason why it's bad is because you may be on the highway and pop your trunk by accident. But my circuit does not let the trunk open when the key is inside the cylinder.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
Yes I that's what I meant. I looked at your schematic again and I miss read it the first time. It looks like you aren't interupting the yellow wire from the inside door panel switch, correct? So the door panel switch will pop the trunk unless the key is in, right?

BTW, what are you using to draw the schematic?
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #104
turbo_h4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 112433
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
06 WRX.stage2
OBP

Default

I haven't touched the yellow door panel switch. I don't have those schematics but I'm assuming that it's input the the circuit the provides the red and red/green output from the module.

I'm using photoshop for the schematics. Just copied and pasted VR4Impreza's and modified it.
turbo_h4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #105
Gregor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 100824
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_h4 View Post
I haven't touched the yellow door panel switch. I don't have those schematics but I'm assuming that it's input the the circuit the provides the red and red/green output from the module.
The yellow wire into the integrated module provides unlock from the interior door switch. The switch rests at open with the wire from the module resting at 12v. When the switch is pressed, it shorts to ground, putting the module voltage at on the yellow wire's pin to 0v. When this occurs, both then red and red/green wires are 12v which will pop the trunk and unlock the doors. In your schematic, the interior door would pop the trunk when interior switched is pressed and the key is not in the ignition. The disable mechanism you are using might also disable the interior switch when the key is in.

I just did mine this morning. In my case (06 STI) it was not the yellow wire that connected to the door switch. It was actually the yellow/red wire on PIN 11 of the gray 20 pin connector (on the integrated module). Once wired as originally described the interior switch works then same as before and the trunk pops only from the keyfob.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #106
turbo_h4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 112433
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
06 WRX.stage2
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
The disable mechanism you are using might also disable the interior switch when the key is in.
Glad to know you got yours to work too! For reference however, my interior switch only unlocks all 4 doors when the key is in. The difference is that my trunk would pop open when the key is NOT in the cylinder. It's better for me though.

Which schematic did you end up using?
turbo_h4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #107
Gregor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 100824
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_h4 View Post
Glad to know you got yours to work too! For reference however, my interior switch only unlocks all 4 doors when the key is in. The difference is that my trunk would pop open when the key is NOT in the cylinder. It's better for me though.

Which schematic did you end up using?
Cool. Actually I can see some advantages. Imagine a thief that brakes your window and pushes down on the unlock button to open the door.


I used VR4's last one from
Post 21 I ended up not using the ignition switch wire to disable it when the car is on. As soon as the key is inserted the keyless entry is disabled so I figured the redundance is wasn't nessessary.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #108
Gregor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 100824
Join Date: Nov 2005
Default

Minor long term update. So far no problems with the solenoid pull cable needing re-adjustment, and its still working quite well. I did accidentally discover one thing that I didn't catch in the beginning. When the following conditions are met, the trunk will open:
  • The key is inserted (key sense on)
  • Any door is open
  • You try to lock the doors from the interior switch
Result: All the doors lock, then imeadiately unlock. Without the mod, it may only be the drivers side door that unlocks, I haven't checked. I suspect this is safety feature to prevent locking your keys in the car. With this mod installed, the trunk also opens. If you've wired to disable the trunk solenoid when the car is on (ACC), it will still happen with the key is in, and the car is off. If you've wired so the solenoid is disabled when the key is in (key sense), it will not happen.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. Its kind of nice to have another way to open the trunk when the keys aren't handy. Plus you can do it from the passenger side as well. However the condiitons aren't logical, so I'm not sure how useful it will end up being. So far it hasn't been a problem as I don't usually try to lock the doors with key in and the door open.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #109
VR4Impreza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 78818
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N Parkersburg, WV
Vehicle:
'06 Forester XS
'11 Outback 2.5i

Default

I'm glad to see some new debate on this issue, I somehow missed the discussion between Gregor and turbo_h4.
I still haven't overrode the inside switch, and have yet to pop the trunk, so I probably won't do it (it's been 2 years without a problem) but if I were starting anew, it's a good bonus. As Gregor mentioned, adding a disable for keysense is a little redundant, as it's already there for the keyfob.

As for the interior button, I considered it too (same reason, I'm a dork, and my kit came with one) Also for people with subs in the trunk, you could remove (or disconnect) the manual release and hide the button. I suppose you could wire a second relay for what's it's worth for the gas (it's worth more than the stereo equipment now!!) and remove both levers.
VR4Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #110
ptirmal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
07' Acura TL-S
11' Ducati Monster 796

Default

Long term update:

It'll be 4 years next month and I had an early TnT (twist and tape) come loose. It was a short wire that I could barely reach so I decided to just TnT it instead of crimping it but it had some tension on it which pulled it loose. It was the red wire that makes the driver's door unlock came loose. Now crimped.

Something I noticed a few weeks ago as well, while the door unlock switch doesn't pop the trunk on the driver's side, it does on the passenger side. This is because the yellow wire must be cut on both sides and wired to pin 85 on the door defeat relay. An easy fix that I only noticed while installing some new stereo stuff and hitting the passenger side unlock. Funny how it's been nearly 4 years and I've never hit that button until recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
Minor long term update. So far no problems with the solenoid pull cable needing re-adjustment, and its still working quite well. I did accidentally discover one thing that I didn't catch in the beginning. When the following conditions are met, the trunk will open:
  • The key is inserted (key sense on)
  • Any door is open
  • You try to lock the doors from the interior switch
Result: All the doors lock, then imeadiately unlock. Without the mod, it may only be the drivers side door that unlocks, I haven't checked. I suspect this is safety feature to prevent locking your keys in the car. With this mod installed, the trunk also opens. If you've wired to disable the trunk solenoid when the car is on (ACC), it will still happen with the key is in, and the car is off. If you've wired so the solenoid is disabled when the key is in (key sense), it will not happen.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. Its kind of nice to have another way to open the trunk when the keys aren't handy. Plus you can do it from the passenger side as well. However the condiitons aren't logical, so I'm not sure how useful it will end up being. So far it hasn't been a problem as I don't usually try to lock the doors with key in and the door open.
I reread some of this thread when I was having my problem today and I just saw this. This was probably caused because of what I mentioned about the passenger door lock. If you combine both yellows to the trunk defeat relay it should fix that.
ptirmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #111
cbarbu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 153012
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DTW
Vehicle:
07 USDM STI
Satin Pearl

Default

sorry to bump this one...
couldn't find the diagram so I made one
looks Ok to me but I want to confirm
thx



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cbarbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #112
new ion?
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242652
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
04 2.5 TS sedan
JBP

Default

so, been thinking bout this, and since other models in this year range have it...

is there any way to use a key from another model that has the trunk pop on our imprezas?

i guess the better question to ask would be are the remote tranceivers the same in all subarus, coding and all (between years) or are they different? if they are the same, it would be possible to run a different model key, a trunk pop, and not have to change anything from the doors.

no i haven't read the whole thread.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #113
Bhodi513
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329185
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Default

^^^^^^This?

AB
Bhodi513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #114
ptirmal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
07' Acura TL-S
11' Ducati Monster 796

Default

Read the whole thread.

CN: Not on the older Subarus, might be different on the new ones but probably not.
ptirmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote Trunk Release with OEM Remote VR4Impreza Car Audio, Video & Security 8 10-28-2005 11:13 AM
Remote Trunk Release kits? Halforc Impreza Forum 14 08-20-2004 10:19 AM
2004 WRX remote trunk release? Halforc Newbies & FAQs 2 06-26-2003 08:27 PM
Remote trunk release vulwizard Newbies & FAQs 7 01-19-2003 04:23 AM
remote trunk release [already searched] SilverSuby General Forum Archive 7 03-21-2001 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.