Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
Stainlessmag
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41180
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default Target boost after AP map change

Was just wondering about how long it takes to get the car to hit target boost after changing the RT map. I did this yesturday and now can only hit about 13psi.
Stainlessmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi

Should be instant. Which map were you using and which did you switch to?
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
Stainlessmag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Not sure wich map was in the car. Just got in about a week and half ago. Put in the stg 2 93 oct.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 STi

Do you have a full Turbo-back exhaust? Is the gas in your tank 93 octane?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
Stainlessmag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Yes and yes, actualy it has the up pipe to. It has an Injen cold air intake and a TXS bov, could one of them be affecting it. BTW both are being changed for the stock parts soon.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 STi

I don't know what problems it causes, but I know that BOVs are generally not a good idea with stock turbo WRXs. Check all the connections between the turbo and the IC and from the IC to the manifold. Switch over to the stage 1 realtime and/or the stock realtime map and compare boost levels. If the boost does not get higher, then your problem is likely mechanical and not with the AP.

replacing the BOV with the stock componant would be another important thing to do.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
Stainlessmag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Im prob putting the stock BOV on this afternoon, and should be getting a stock intake next week. Thanks for the advice. Ill look into it all this afternoon
Old 11-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 STi

sounds good, lemme know how it all goes. If you do want increased airflow that is safe, a good panel filter would work well. I use an Airraid...just make sure when you clean it you don't use too much oil or that will foul up the MAF sensor.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 AM   #9
Stainlessmag
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Hey thought id give you the update. So while i was changing the bov back to stock i noticed that the intercooler was moving a bit. Come to find out the clamp on the TB side of the coupler wasnt tight at all, flick it and watch it spin loose. So i tightened that up, got the bpv on and reset the computer. Now the car hits 16psi without any problem. Im acutaly at full boost before 3500. So needless to say that car pulls like crazy now. Guess little things like that are what you find when you buy a car used, only got it like a week and half ago and havnt really had a chance to got over the less obvious stuff.