Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #76
Kiwi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 67942
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
The Other
Land Down Under

I know y'all were waiting for me to chip in. I'll keep it brief, but to clear up a few of the comments made in this thread-

It can be incredibly hard to 'just move there'. They're much more picky than they used to be. If you are young, educated/qualified in something worthwhile, and have a metric assload of cash you'll be all good.

The Kiwi dollar is almost at a 30 year high against the US. So it is actually doing much better than people think. Sure its still lower, but it has been much more favourable and I think it is going to get better for people travelling down there.

Yes the speed limit is 100km, but thats because (as WM stated) a lot of the roads are two lanes. But the roads are fun to drive on and you can buy badass cars fairly cheaply.

And to the guy that started the thread - That sounds like a very cool job. For those that don't know Possum Bourne ran a lot of Group N rallies, but was killed a couple of years ago during a reccie for a hill climb race. Also - how hard did you find the immigration process.

Most important of all. You get kick ass fish 'n chips and wine. I can't wait to head back next year!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #77
WagonMonster
Scooby Guru

Member#: 3781
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT Wagon
2009 Forester X Limited

Yes, the wine & food alone are enough to make me wanna live in Enzed
WagonMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #78
FaastLegacy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 11671

Isn't there a law in NZ that says you have to live in the country for 15 years before you can own property?
FaastLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #79
Kiwi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 67942
Vehicle:
The Other
Land Down Under

That would be a new one to me. I know that they look much more favourably at you if you have a bunch of cash to invest though.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #80
WagonMonster
Scooby Guru

Member#: 3781
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT Wagon
2009 Forester X Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaastLegacy
Isn't there a law in NZ that says you have to live in the country for 15 years before you can own property?
Nope, I almost bought property when I was there in April.
WagonMonster is offline   Reply With Quote