Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 24, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
greenhand
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97677
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
Black

Exclamation Impreza Factory Alarm...GOING CRAZY!!

Hey Guys,

I have a 1998 Impreza 2.5 RS. Last night I got home locked the doors with the remote, the car chirped...then about 15 secs later, it chirped again and then went off. I turned it off, got in my car, turned it on, checked all the doors and trunk. Turned it off, locked it again and went inside. About 20 mins later it chirped again, did not go off. Then 15 mins later it chirped and went off again! Frustrated, I hopped in the car, manually locked the doors and went up to watch TV. 30 mins later, the alarm went off again. So I went down, moved the car into the garage, left the car unlocked and went to bed. 45 mins later, the ALARM WENT OFF AGAIN!!! I went out to the garage, popped the hood and disconnected the battery...no more problems.

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Does anyone have a solution? I've yet to reconnect the battery to see if the manual reset fixed the problem.

Thanks Again,
Seth
greenhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
armand1
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10309
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 OBS 2-tone!
'95 Montego Miata

I'm not familiar with the '98 OEM alarm, but on most aftermarket alarms, after the alarm goes off, it will flash its LED in a pattern to tell you which zone (e.g. door, shock sensor, etc) set off the alarm. Your owner's manual (if you have it) might explain this.
armand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
AcquaCow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36838
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2001 SRP RSTi
2011 DGM WRX hatch

The new Dodge Durango's keyfob's set off my 2000 RS's panic feature on the alarm...

But it sounds like yours might actually be malfunctioning...

-- Dave
AcquaCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
jkrotty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93497
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
black

My moms explorer did this battery in key fob was going out.
jkrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
Hyper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15822
Vehicle:
1999 WRB GM6
2.12cc V9 Type RA

are you sure your valet mode is off?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:56 AM   #6
greenhand
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97677
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
Black

No, I'm not. The original owner's guide I received when I bought the car mentions nothing about the factory alarm. Last night I reconnected the battery and the alarm went off. With some advice from another forum, I held down the "unlock" button and the system reset. Since the car was in the garage, I went upstairs and all was presumed well. This morning I drove my car to work, turned the car off, got out and hit "lock". The alarm prompty went off! I disarmed it, tried it again w/ the same results. I then hit "unlock" and left the car unlocked in the parking lot. 5 mins later I get an e-mail that my car's alarm is continuously going off. I'm now at my house again to get socket's to remove the battery cable again. As I'm typing this my alarm is still going off....please help????

Seth
greenhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
armand1
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10309
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'02 OBS 2-tone!
'95 Montego Miata

How do you know it's the OEM alarm? Try looking under the driver's side dash to see if an aftermarket alarm is installed there.
armand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
blacktalon606
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 73316

I'm having a similar problem with my WRX. Anyone ever figure this out?
blacktalon606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
Siper2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

My '00 RS wigged out like that last year, too. Couldn't get the thing to stop, and thus couldn't start my car.

To make matters worse, the car didn't even HAVE the emergency switch under the dash. Had to have it flatbedded to the dealer and pay them $100+ to diagnose/fix the problem. I've no idea what it was.

-S2-
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote