|11-15-2005, 12:37 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: House Springs, MOVehicle:
Hi Ho Silver!
UP/DP install time and AP questions
Well, I have taken off the UP and DP and I have the UP in place, although nothing is tightened down because I didn't know the torque settings for the various manifold and uppipe connections. It appears that 26ft-lbs is the magic number. My questions are:
1. If it took about four hours total time to get to this point, how much time should I budget to get it all back together? Is there any other gotchas that will slow down the build up?
2. I assume I put everything back on except the rounded heat shield on the turbo and the rounded one under the manifold and then check for leaks. Dumb question - How will I know if there are leaks?
3. I will be going to Stage 2 AP. I was planning to do that before driving the car. Is this OK or do I need to drive it with the UP and DP for a while before putting the Cobb on - this is an 04, so I am concerned?
4. I assume I want to make the Stage 2 93 my base map. That said, should I reset my ecu after all this is over?
Thanks for all your help. My car has been out of commision for several days due to limited time, so I'm beginning to wory it will never run again!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|11-15-2005, 01:05 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland MEVehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Yes you can flash right after the install. when you make stage 2 your base map you are resetting the ECU anyway, no need to do it twice.
Also you will hear the leaks
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|DP Install Hardware, and Pulley->Tune question||RockoS13||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||0||10-23-2009 08:29 PM|
|Doing up/dp install today: One quick question!||ScoobySnacker||Newbies & FAQs||7||08-05-2006 06:50 AM|
|Hopefully final UP/DP install Questions!||dogfrndnew||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)||2||11-17-2005 03:06 PM|
|Questions after up/dp install||i4g0t||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)||6||10-12-2004 09:11 PM|
|Time for an up/dp install....north ga||Swine||South East Region Forum||6||05-25-2004 05:18 PM|