Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-28-2000, 03:45 PM   #1
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Post Front knuckle problem!!Will it fits???

Hi, does anyone know the 2.5RS front knuckle will fits to a 92 Legacy turbo???
I found my legacy's knuckle was cracked, so I needs to replace one. One of my frined has the spare Knuckle from the 2.5RS and he could give it to me so I have to make sure it will fits.Should I have to replace the drive shaft together?? or just take out the old one and put in the new one?
Thanks for Your help
BTW, PeteH, whats your aliment setting when you install the AGX shocks with the stock spring? and what dial did you set on your front and rear shocks?
If anyone have another good setting on aliment and the shocks welcome to tell.
Thanks for all reply!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2000, 06:43 AM   #2
PeteH
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431
Hey Ben, for a still somewhat reasonable street setup that isn't too bad at the autox set the car as follows:

1.25 degrees negative front camber
0" front toe out
3/32" rear toe out

For a more aggressive setup that gets a little twitchy on the street use:

1.5 degrees (or whatever the maximum the front eccentric bolt will allow...just keep it dead even side to side)
1/16" front toe out
3/16" rear toe out

Toe out sacrifices straight line stability but improves turn-in. Rear toe out also provides a small amount of additional oversteer tendency.

As for the 2.5RS spindles, both use the same part# bearings and inner/outer oil seals but have differant part#'s on the snap rings. Judging by the fact that the Turbo uses the same part# AGX's as the 2.5RS I would guess they should be a direct bolt on. The only thing I can think of that may be differant could be the anti-lock brake sensor setup.

Let us know how it goes
PeteH

BTW, how did you crack it anyhow??????????/

Oops, I have the AGX's set to 1-2fr and 2-4 rear for everyday and 3-4fr and 6-8 rr for TSD along with 44fr and 40rr tire pressures.

[This message has been edited by PeteH (edited July 03, 2000).]
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2000, 12:02 AM   #3
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Hi PeteH, thanks for your reply, I just finish my aliment last week, but the guy just did it as normal setup, so I may have to do your setting next time when I change a set of new tires!
I broke the knuckle since I have to replace the lower ball joint, I just follow the Chilton book but forget that those parts is rusted already and just keep hummer it. Until I see the crack, my boss(I was work at an autoshop!!) told me that I just broke the knuckle!!! Then he go to replace it for me and just weld the crack I hope it won't hunt too much, Also one of our customer just swap the 280hp WRX to his 2.5RS, he also swap all the parts like knuckles, drive shaft...everythings at the bottom of the car from the WRX, so he said he could give me the the 2.5 knuckle to me!! thats why I'm asking for the parts will fits it to my car or not!!
I just do the same setup as you said into the AGX and feel very good when driving to the coner. Not dail too hard since those shocks still run-in now, BTW, how long should it run-in???
I will going to install the intercooler and the turbo boost this month hope it could give me more power for TSD!!!
Thanks for your infomation, and Hope you enjoy your Legacy turbo!
Old 07-04-2000, 06:48 PM   #4
PeteH
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431
Smile

>>>AGX and feel very good when driving to the coner. Not dail too hard since those shocks still run-in now, BTW, how long should it run-in???>>>

I put a couple hundred miles on them before I went to 3fr/6rr, no problems to date.

What are you using for intercooler? How did you get rid of the fuel-cut?

My TDO5 turbo from a '96 WRX should be here shortly, WooHoo!!!
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2000, 01:18 AM   #5
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Hi, PeteH, I think I'm going the same intercooler as Shik. Its a air Cool intercooler from a Ver.1, or Ver.2 WRX and it seems fits on the legacy perfactly!!
I don't know hows will the car get fuel cut,
I would like to know more about your turbo, Please post more info when you install it!!
Enjoy your Legacy!!
Old 07-07-2000, 02:58 AM   #6
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

Hey guys. Pete, supposedly getting rid of the fuel cut is pretty easy. I got this tip from a Subaru Master Tech( I'll take his word), that did it on his own turbo Legacy.

The boost cut is enforced when a map sensor reads over 10psi or around there. It's gets it's signal from a vacumn line from the intake manifold. What he said to do was simply install a check valve into the vacum line and that way the map sensor will never see above 10psi. This will probably work but I think there is a better way.

What I will probably do( If my Field fuel computer doesn't get rid of it first), is simply install a Hallman manual boost controller in that vacumn line. That way you will not totally eliminate the boost cut, but you can raise it to wherever you'd like. Say if you want to run 13psi, set the HMBC in the map sensor line for around 14 or 15psi.

According to the tech, the ecu doesn't really rely on the map sensor for anything but the boost cut readings so you will not be altering any fuel curves or anything. Like I said, I'm going to be putting in a Field Hyper-R fuel computer soon and that in itself is supposed to delete the boost cut but if it doesn't, I'm going with the Hallman trick. FWIW, I did hit 11psi briefly one night and never hit the boost cut but it does vary a bit from car to car.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2000, 09:38 AM   #7
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Hi Shik, nice to know about the fuel cut tech. Could you tell me where can I find the Hallman valve? Should I install the hallman valve with the boost control?
Old 07-07-2000, 06:49 PM   #8
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

Ben, if you plan on going over 10psi then yes, you would need something to eliminate the boost cut. Like I said, I have been running 10psi for a while and on occasion it would go a bit higher and I've never experienced it but I'm sure I would sooner or later. If you are going to stay at 10psi or below for a while( trust me, with a new boost controller, even 10psi will feel much better then the car does right now. The factory boost controller is a bad set-up), you would not have to mess with the map sensor. Check out www.hallmanboostcontroller.com for some info.
Old 07-08-2000, 04:39 PM   #9
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Thanks Shik for your website!
Do you have any pic. for your car with those control set-up? I would like to see how you do it!
Could you post some pic. if prossiable?
Old 07-09-2000, 08:07 PM   #10
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

Ben, I'll get some pictures together and write up a quick "how to" for you when I get a chance. Not that it is hard to do, but it may make things a bit easier for first-timers.