|02-07-2006, 06:56 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fairfax VirginiaVehicle:
Keep the UTEC or go with ECUTek???
Ive been having problems with my car lately and posted up on here and some people told me they switched to ECUTek and all their problems with UTEC went away a few questions
1. what is the difference
2. I live in the NOVA area, can anyone tune it around here?
3. How is it better than UTEC, i was under the impression that for the price UTEC was the shiznit*
4. If I go with ECUTek can it support all my mods? ( I have 9lb flywheel, stage III from TXS, and am completely catless)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|02-07-2006, 08:36 PM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle, WAVehicle:
2009 Audi A3 2.0T q
1) EcuTek is a reflash of teh stock ECU, UTEC is a piggy back and is USER tuneable.
2) NOVA - you live in the TV? *** is NOVA?
3) EcuTek has some advantages of having more maps to modify, and keeps many fot he safety options of the stock ECU. However, its not user tuneable. UTEC is. The first question you need to answer is if you want to be able to tune the car yourself?
4) Yes, though that flywheel may piss off your ECU and throw misfire CELs, which UTEC may not be able to handle.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|keep the vf39 or go for the 34,30||BlueBudda||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)||15||03-05-2007 12:02 AM|
|Keep the stock WRX cams or go with aftermarket cams?||triguy||Built Motor Discussion||11||09-21-2006 06:41 AM|
|Keep the 02 or Go GC V7 swap||overlord||Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC||11||07-08-2006 11:23 AM|
|Should I keep the samco or go for the aps turbo inlet||greysave||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||4||06-01-2006 08:22 PM|
|Keep the sr55 or go with gt35 what do you think?||greysave||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||11||03-19-2006 02:18 PM|