Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 25, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
jetpilotice
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107748
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Silver

Default Access Port ECU Programmer 06 STI

Was wondering how many people out there are running the Access Port ECU Programmer from Cobb. Did you think it was worth the cash? Most of all, has anyone had any problems with it. I had a bad previous experience with a greddy programmer on a 03 chevy silverado. It lock up the ECU and I had to have my truck towed to the dealer, they could not even reflash the ECU they had to install a new ECU thank god it was under warranty. Would apreciate any feed back thanks.

Stock 2006 STI looking for some mods
Brandon - DSM, Iowa
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jetpilotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:39 AM   #2
timmydogg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 67972
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
Java Black

I think it's worth it. Had mine for about 3 weeks. Stage 1 for a week, and Stage 2 last two. I wouldnt' buy it for just Stage 1 though. Definately get a turboback exhaust. The torque is AWESOME!!! I have not had any problems with mine. Everything went exactly like the instructions said.
timmydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
melayout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 69316
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy 2.5 GT
Black OBIS.blah.blah.DAN

A tip if you do order it, check that you got the right model-specific AP cause sometimes they're labelled incorrectly.

You can call COBB and verify the serial number on the phone or hook it up to your PC and confirm that it has the correct model-specific maps.
melayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
jetpilotice
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Silver

Thanks for the info. Think I am going to order the stage 2 kit and an intake. First I am going to get my gauges installed so I can see the stock numbers. Ordering some Defi gauges Egt, fuel pressure, and a new boost then take out the factory one. Just so it matchs I can not believe subaru would not make the lighting better green and red, yellow its like christmass.

06 stock STI
Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #5
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

1. Post in the right forum.
2. Research. Since you plan on an intake with the AccessPort, that means to me you haven't researched enough.
3. Try searching for at least .00034 seconds as there are about 97,210 happy AccessPort users.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:03 PM   #6
jetpilotice
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Silver

Sorry, Someone having an ego power trip today. Must not have enough control in your life huh.