Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Sleepysub
*** Banned ***

Member#: 94116
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2000 Imp outback S
Green and tan

Default 200-250 DD build?

Alright here goes the thought of my build
some things to keep in mind
1. Im in school right now at VT so my buget is super small
2. It's my DD
3. no shop time

I have a 2000 imp outback sport. I would like to put stock WRX heads and run all stock turbo components with the top mount intercooler. I have heard that I might have to Replace my intake manifold and throttle body.

problems
will the heads bolt up?
will the turbo clear my cruise control unit?
will i have ECU problem?

I thought of this idea because that will give me a good end product with alot more room later to build bigger. I can also get all the parts for about a grand used of people upgrading or swaping.

What am i missing?

Mike
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sleepysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Capt Crunch
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10852
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

I'm not sure that putting WRX heads on your block will work with a stock ecu. The compression ratio etc might be different and would then need to be tuned for.
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Sleepysub
*** Banned ***

Member#: 94116
Vehicle:
2000 Imp outback S
Green and tan

ok what about a set of RS head so i can atleast get duel ports to move exhaust gas?
Sleepysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Capt Crunch
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10852
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

hmmm, I'm not really sure... try asking in the Conversions forum or the Aftermarket Forced Induction forum.
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
smahala1286
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
95 Impreza w/ej20g

you have a 2.2 liter right. I would suggest some phase one ej25 dohc heads, they will flow plenty enough for what you need, and they will lower your compression ratio. I would suggest a custom up-pipe and downpipe, rather then using the wrx manifold and up-pipe. It will most likely cost you less money. You will need engine managment that will control fuel and ignition. As for your goal of 200-250 that is an un-realistic goal for your n/a block.

P.S. this thread should be in the aftermarket forced induction forum
smahala1286 is offline   Reply With Quote