Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Question OBD readiness issue- specific function readiness- please read

I've searched but found nothing specific to this issue.

I have a MY00 RS with a MY04 WRX swap and until recently had a P1446 CEL for the missing fuel tank sensor.

I've wired one in beside the ECU and the CEL is gone (yay!) BUT ever since, my ECU has not been ready for testing and they require emmision tests here in ATL.

Specifically, all of the parameters are "ready" except the EVAP SYS and CATALYST. I have an EcuTek reflash so I'm thinking there may be an issue that the reflash is masking.

I've driven that car over 200 miles and the ECU is still not ready. Yesterday I switched over to the stock downpipe to see if that will help since my Stromung HF cat is after the O2 sensor.

Any ideas? I'm already driving on an expired tag!

FYI, I passsed last year with a stock downpipe.

TIA
-Mike.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
R4ND0M_AX3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 67483
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi

Default

For the STi (may or may not be the same for WRX and other subaru models) there is a drive cycle associated with three different groups of DTCs. All of them want about a half tank of gas. Some specify that the engine should be started at a certain coolant temp range. Codes that have * next to them require the drive cycle to be repeated.

===============================================

Idle engine for one minute after driving for 20 minutes at 50MPH.
Applies the following codes:

*P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control
*P0128 Coolant Thermostat
*P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
*P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Performance Problem
*P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
*P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
*P0451 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
*P0456 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (very small leak)
*P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (fuel cap loose/off)
P0459 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit High
P0461 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0692 Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit High
P1443 Vent Control Solenoid Valve Function Problem
*P1448 Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Range/Performance
*P2096 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1
*P2097 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1

===============================================

After driving the car at least 6 mph idle the engine for 10 minutes.
Applies the following codes:

*P0111 Intake Air Temperature Sensor Range/Performance Problem
P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0172 System too Rich (Bank 1)
*P0464 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Intermittent
*P0483 Cooling Fan Rationality Check
*P0506 Idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
*P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

===============================================

Idle engine for 10 seconds or more.
Accelerate to 97 km/h (60 MPH) within 20 seconds.
Drive vehicle at 97 km/h (60 MPH) for 20 seconds.
Decelerate with fully closed throttle to 64 km/h (40 MPH).
Drive vehicle at 64 km/h (40 MPH) for 20 seconds.
Accelerate to 97 km/h (60 MPH) within 10 seconds.
Stop vehicle with throttle fully closed.

Applies to the following codes:

P0068 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance
*P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0244 Turbo/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance
P0246 Turbo/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid A High
*P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
*P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
*P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
*P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P1090 Tumble Generated Valve System 1 (Valve Open)
P1092 Tumble Generated Valve System 2 (Valve Open)
R4ND0M_AX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one
Moderator
 
Member#: 11170
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Default

The sensor being missing (actually that code is for a control valve so presumably that is what you replaced) may have set the code and physically wiring in the missing part completed the circuit and got rid of the CEL. However since it isn't hooked up at the fuel tank where it belongs it isn't doing its job. This is very likely preventing the evaporative system readiness test from completing. Of course there could be other reasons as well.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 2992
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut, USA
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

mpaone, do you have a fully functioning rear O2 sensor installed in the exhaust system?

According to p. 13 of the document at http://www.etools.org/files/public/IM_Overview.pdf, 1996-2001 model year cars can pass the OBD-II check even if they have two Not Ready monitors. I see you have a 2000MY car, albeit with 2004MY emission control equipment. Do know which year your car is classified for emissions testing purposes?
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Default

R4ND0M_AX3,

There are no CELs so this does not apply... but thanks.

Mulder,

I think that may be part of the issue but not sure yet. Thanks for the idea though.

Jon,

I'm not positive the O2 sensor is good BUT the O2 and HO2 readiness is fine and there are no CELs.

If the stock DP doesn't work, my next idea is a new downstream O2 sensor.

Thanks again!
-Mike.

EDIT: Jon, it is classified as a MY00.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 2992
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut, USA
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaone
Jon,

I'm not positive the O2 sensor is good BUT the O2 and HO2 readiness is fine and there are no CELs.

If the stock DP doesn't work, my next idea is a new downstream O2 sensor.

Thanks again!
-Mike.

EDIT: Jon, it is classified as a MY00.
Subaru doesn't explain the criteria used to determine whether a monitor should be deemed READY. In the case of the rear O2 and HO2 monitors the test might be as simple as determining their isn't a short or open circuit. It's possible those conditions were satisfied and then the OBD computer decided there was a range/performance problem with the rear O2 sensor, which probably set a flag with respect to marking the Catalyst monitor ready and, normally, would cause the MIL to turn on and a trouble code to be set. Maybe the EcuTeK reflash is suppressing a rear O2 trouble code.

If I were you I'd leave the stock downpipe installed for now and go try the emissions test without trying to replace the rear O2 sensor, yet. I bet you'll pass with only 2 monitors Not Ready, since your car is MY2000. See p.8 of the document at http://www.cleanairforce.com/docs/In...l2005FINAL.pdf for additional confirmation that your MY2000 car can pass with 2 monitors Not Ready. The worst that'll happen is that you'll fail, at which point you would consider replacing the rear O2 sensosr.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Lightbulb

Thanks agin Jon, I'm going that route. BTW, tested again and they said I "failed" but did not submit it.

The guy said he can submit BUT I have 5 of 7 ready parameters and he said most cars have 8... so 6 "readies" always passes but he is not sure about 5. Don't know if that's a load of crap but I told him I'll give it 2 days and ask him to submit it if it's the same.

If it fails agian, it's off to Subaru for a new O2 sensor.

-Mike.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #8
Jon [in CT]
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 2992
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut, USA
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Print out this document, take it in with you, and ask him why he's not following the instructions on p. 8:
http://www.cleanairforce.com/docs/In...l2005FINAL.pdf
It's pretty clear that, regardless of how many monitors your vehicle supports, you're allow to have two that are Not Ready.

Last edited by Jon [in CT]; 03-07-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Lightbulb

So I went back and told him to run it and guess what... it passed.

Go figure. I can safely say that I have little to no faith in just about anyone in the car repair business.

This is almost as bad as when I had to take time off work to show someone at a "tire repair shop" that my front camber was adjustable.

-Mike.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #10
scoobdude
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50699
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: austin
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Platinum Silver

Default

When you passed, how many "not ready" did you have and which one?

Here is more informatio on the evap system: http://www.endwrench.com/pdf/fuel/Ft...ionTestW00.pdf

Enjoy
Joe

p.s. jon, please archive that. You have proven to be a wealth of information on pdfs
scoobdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #11
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude
When you passed, how many "not ready" did you have and which one?

Here is more informatio on the evap system: http://www.endwrench.com/pdf/fuel/Ft...ionTestW00.pdf

Enjoy
Joe

p.s. jon, please archive that. You have proven to be a wealth of information on pdfs
Still 2 not readys and the same ones...evap sys and catalyst

-Mike.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #12
ImprezaRSfan!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13520
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Springfield, VA
Vehicle:
99rs ej207 spec-c
its for sale

Default

was looking for a thread like this. i have a 99 RS with a ver8 jdm swap in it. At the moment i have 0 cels. Im trying to gather up all the info i can. Im going to try soon to see if it even reads the jdm ecu.
ImprezaRSfan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #13
HndaTch627
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6551
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Vehicle:
'01 GC8 Dinged STM
'09 Concours 14 ABS Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaone View Post
I've searched but found nothing specific to this issue.

I have a MY00 RS with a MY04 WRX swap and until recently had a P1446 CEL for the missing fuel tank sensor.

I've wired one in beside the ECU and the CEL is gone (yay!) BUT ever since, my ECU has not been ready for testing and they require emmision tests here in ATL.

Specifically, all of the parameters are "ready" except the EVAP SYS and CATALYST. I have an EcuTek reflash so I'm thinking there may be an issue that the reflash is masking.

I've driven that car over 200 miles and the ECU is still not ready. Yesterday I switched over to the stock downpipe to see if that will help since my Stromung HF cat is after the O2 sensor.

Any ideas? I'm already driving on an expired tag!

FYI, I passsed last year with a stock downpipe.

TIA
-Mike.
mike: were you never able to successfully make the test run without installing the sensor? It's emissions time for me so i need to get things rolling. I've still got the P1446, hell i am half tempted just to pick up a 2002 WRX ECU and avoid the hassle all together.

Jeremy
HndaTch627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #14
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndaTch627 View Post
mike: were you never able to successfully make the test run without installing the sensor? It's emissions time for me so i need to get things rolling. I've still got the P1446, hell i am half tempted just to pick up a 2002 WRX ECU and avoid the hassle all together.

Jeremy
Naw, only the sensor did the trick unfortunately.

You could use a MY02 but the plugs are different (wires are in different pins as well).

PM me if you want more info on the sensor since I don't check trhis forum often. I might be able to make out a part number this weekend

-Mike.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
HndaTch627
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6551
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Vehicle:
'01 GC8 Dinged STM
'09 Concours 14 ABS Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaone View Post
Naw, only the sensor did the trick unfortunately.

You could use a MY02 but the plugs are different (wires are in different pins as well).

PM me if you want more info on the sensor since I don't check trhis forum often. I might be able to make out a part number this weekend

-Mike.
the plugs are identical with the exception of that one sensor. I actually used a 2002 WRX Diagram to wire my car.
HndaTch627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #16
mpaone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3
Join Date: Jun 1999
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alfretter Geeoja
Vehicle:
2012 Geeteeeye
and 71' VW Gulf Beetle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndaTch627 View Post
the plugs are identical with the exception of that one sensor. I actually used a 2002 WRX Diagram to wire my car.
Oh OK, I was told MY02 was different from 03-04 and 05 was different again.

-Mike.
mpaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
vtecTHIS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 48048
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Japan
Vehicle:
. Nasioc, serious
Bidnazz

Thumbs up

i now this is old, but this guy and post saved me a huuuuuuuge headache. if you get the not ready fail for the cat/evap do the first thing. i drove 60 for 20 minutes straight,idled for 1-2 minutes. turned car off for 2 minutes. then did it again. went back and everything was 'ready'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3 View Post
For the STi (may or may not be the same for WRX and other subaru models) there is a drive cycle associated with three different groups of DTCs. All of them want about a half tank of gas. Some specify that the engine should be started at a certain coolant temp range. Codes that have * next to them require the drive cycle to be repeated.

===============================================

Idle engine for one minute after driving for 20 minutes at 50MPH.
Applies the following codes:

*P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control
*P0128 Coolant Thermostat
*P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
*P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Performance Problem
*P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
*P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)
*P0451 Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
*P0456 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (very small leak)
*P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (fuel cap loose/off)
P0459 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit High
P0461 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0692 Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit High
P1443 Vent Control Solenoid Valve Function Problem
*P1448 Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Range/Performance
*P2096 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1
*P2097 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1

===============================================

After driving the car at least 6 mph idle the engine for 10 minutes.
Applies the following codes:

*P0111 Intake Air Temperature Sensor Range/Performance Problem
P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1)
P0172 System too Rich (Bank 1)
*P0464 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Intermittent
*P0483 Cooling Fan Rationality Check
*P0506 Idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
*P0507 Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected

===============================================

Idle engine for 10 seconds or more.
Accelerate to 97 km/h (60 MPH) within 20 seconds.
Drive vehicle at 97 km/h (60 MPH) for 20 seconds.
Decelerate with fully closed throttle to 64 km/h (40 MPH).
Drive vehicle at 64 km/h (40 MPH) for 20 seconds.
Accelerate to 97 km/h (60 MPH) within 10 seconds.
Stop vehicle with throttle fully closed.

Applies to the following codes:

P0068 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance
*P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0244 Turbo/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance
P0246 Turbo/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid A High
*P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
*P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
*P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
*P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P1090 Tumble Generated Valve System 1 (Valve Open)
P1092 Tumble Generated Valve System 2 (Valve Open)
vtecTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
02DaWeRXs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95302
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Default

Thank God I found this thread...I've gotten the not ready twice already...And I've put on ~300+ miles since my CEL P0457 (gas cap) turned off...I guess I haven't let my car idle 1+mins after I've driven it..then again I DO live in Jersey...when do I EVER get to drive a constant 50+mph for 20mins straight?
02DaWeRXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
scoobdude
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50699
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: austin
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Platinum Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02DaWeRXs View Post
Thank God I found this thread...I've gotten the not ready twice already...And I've put on ~300+ miles since my CEL P0457 (gas cap) turned off...I guess I haven't let my car idle 1+mins after I've driven it..then again I DO live in Jersey...when do I EVER get to drive a constant 50+mph for 20mins straight?
What is reading not ready though? There are several ldifferent monitors and depending on state you can have 1 or 2 not readies
scoobdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
02DaWeRXs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95302
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
What is reading not ready though? There are several ldifferent monitors and depending on state you can have 1 or 2 not readies
From what I remeber, 'cause the sheet is in teh car, it was the EVAP and CATALYST systems not ready...CATALYST TEMP was fine...But I'll go check at lunch...Oh NJ is only one not ready...

I did manage to drive ~30mins @ 50mph+ then let the car idle for ~2mins. Then shut her off....then went home...I'm gonna go back for re-inspection in the next couple of days...I'm wondering tho, I'm only ~5 mins from the inspection station. Plenty of time for the car to warm up, but preforming the drive cycle that one time yesterday will make the car "ready" from then on...or does it need to be done just prior to the inspection? I'm really sick of sitting in line AGAIN and AGAIN!!!
02DaWeRXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #21
jays05
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78165
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SC
Vehicle:
05 STI 35r + e85

Default

Now we can just force-pass obd2 readiness monitors with Romraider
jays05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #22
02DaWeRXs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95302
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
What is reading not ready though? There are several ldifferent monitors and depending on state you can have 1 or 2 not readies
Update...just checked my printout...I have two not readiness 1)Evaporative System and 2)Oxygen Sensors. Anyone have any input how to get these two systems into ready mode? I did the drive cycle above...
02DaWeRXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #23
02DaWeRXs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95302
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02DaWeRXs View Post
Update...just checked my printout...I have two not readiness 1)Evaporative System and 2)Oxygen Sensors. Anyone have any input how to get these two systems into ready mode? I did the drive cycle above...
OK F$%^ING failed AGAIN!!! I guess I'm b!tching to myself....Sucks...I've put on ~400+ miles since I got my P0457-Gas Cap CEL cleared...Does it need more miles or is there just something wrong with the car?
02DaWeRXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #24
udelslayer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117214
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Youngsville, NC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wag'n Wagon
You can have.

Default

FWIW

I'm stage 4 Cobb, hi-flow catted, protuned at Epic Motorsports, never forced readiness, never discussed it until a year later, when I needed an inspection LOL.
I had a similar problem. I thought that out of 7 that I had, the one for Catalyst would never set.
I thought the defeat of some of the codes in the ECU would prevent the readiness tests from working properly.

I was worried about it. I was wrong.

I usually need to reset my ecu about once every 2 months because of the ACT LWFW causing false misfires (always some cyl and the random 0300 code).

It took 272 miles and 8 cold starts to reset all of the readiness monitors. I found the magical diagram for quicksetting them but it never worked for the catalyst. The DMV computer has a printout that says that it also prefers 8 hours of heatsoak to set the codes. Their drive cycle did not match the ones posted here. I just have to pray that I dont throw the 0300 while trying to reset my monitors.

Everything has one thing in common to set them - Have about 8 drive cycles, and in each one - drive it like you stole it. Being nice and polite will not allow me to set the last one no matter what I do. I drive 35 miles to work each way. I tried driving like a civilized human being - but no - the WRX wants me to bolt from one light to the next.

Now I know why people always claim these cars "like" hard driving.

J

I still passed inspection with 6/7 since a 2003 can pass with one incomplete. A day later, I checked with my 30 dollar OBDII reader and it had set the catalyst by then.

As these cars computers get more advanced though and the states continually restrict the failure contents with all of the new equipment on cars these days, I hope the communities can keep up with times. Its only a matter of time before they start doing things like checking checksums, and installed images on ECUs or making them tamper proof. I am really surprised about how much diagnostic information is really sampled from something that really only needs air/fuel/spark (in oversimplification). Whats next - The car that tells me that I drive to aggressively or I need to lose weight to be protected properly by the safety mechanisms in these cars?
udelslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
wrxed04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 67115
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2005 STi
OBP

Default

I am glad to find this thread.... I have no sticker on my 05 STi in NJ due to evap and O2 codes. Have there been any developments to force readiness on the ECU?
I don't mind spending money if I have to, I just want to be able to drive my car!!!!!!
Would taking the cobb AP out and temporarily using an open source tune be an option?
forged pistons, catless exhaust, rotated GT30, injectors, etc.
wrxed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read my post. Am I financially ready for an STI? sXi General Community 138 08-22-2006 05:58 PM
Amplifier Issue *please read* circaisdashiat Car Audio, Video & Security 4 01-26-2006 08:43 AM
*ATTN* Safety issue when using CUSCO rear swaybar on a STI. Please read!! Dynamispeed Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 29 03-08-2004 11:18 AM
Swaps and obd-1/obd-2 issues Cert Subaru Conversions 15 11-19-2003 11:17 PM
Warranty Issue ??? Please read... MKULTRA General Forum Archive 15 05-24-2000 12:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.