Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-26-2000, 03:10 AM   #1
GoFaster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 551
Vehicle:
2001 S4
Black

Question Alarm location?

My 97GT has developed an intermittent electrical problem. Symptons are combinations of rapid cycling of power door locks, speedo and tach either dropping to zero or fluctuating wildly, ABS light glowing dimly, dash lighting dimming and engine bucking. The dealer claims that the electrical system checked fine and suspects the aftermarket alarm system which they won't touch.
I got the car used with the alarm already installed and have no idea where the control unit could be mounted.
I think I have two choices, try to locate the control unit and remove power from it, or take it to an alarm installation place, buy an alarm and pay them to locate and replace the old unit.
As a starting point, does anyone know where Subaru installs the Factory alarm?

Thanks,
- Felix
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2000, 04:08 AM   #2
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX 6spd CWP

Felix, most of the factory alarm "brains" are installed underneath the left side of the dash, right about where your left knee would be. ~Most~ of the factory electronics will have a part number sticker somewhere on it with the Fuji symbol and much of the wiring is covered in black tape or a plastic cover so if you see anything that has brigtly colored wires all over the place with nothing labling it to be a Subaru part, it may be in suspect. Good luck.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2000, 09:31 AM   #3
Peaty
Techno Sapien

Member#: 449
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 Legacy 3.6R Lim
Azurite Blue Pearl

Arrow

I have the whole alarm install manual for our 97 OB installed. If you want me to send you the zip file, e-mail me direct.

Sorry it took me so long to respond I rarely check this forum.

Peaty
Peaty is offline   Reply With Quote