Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-02-2000, 02:52 PM   #1
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Dave, nice to have the meter to look into the turbo!!
BTW, could you take some pic. to show us those hose for connection and installation?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2000, 03:35 PM   #2
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

Dave, now you know why I say the Hallman works better then the factory boost controller. Still, 5psi seems a bit low since the spring in the wastegate holds boost up to 6-6.5psi by itself. Once you get the Hallman installed, then you will see if the system is holding boost or not.

Ben, keep a look-out at www.xmission.com/~dac/centric.htm . Knowing Dave, I'm sure he'll have pictures and info up next week
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2000, 05:00 PM   #3
DLC
out back

Member#: 1964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Shik: where did you put your gauge? I can't really find a suitable location to even start with. I don't have anything to put it in either, it's just its bare self. Maybe i should have looked for a pod of some kind.

I'll have pics up soon. It's super easy to install
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 12:31 AM   #4
DLC
out back

Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Post Installed vdo Boost gauge

Well i got my 0-30 PSI boost gauge from Extreme Motorsports and hooked it in.

I don't have anywhere good to mount it yet but it's nice to have, even if i have to hold it in my hand for the moment.

At this time i've got it connected to the nipple on the turbo itself because i'm curious how much boost it's putting out.

I was surprised when i got it just over 10 on a full throttle run. Otherwise it almost never goes above 5PSI and is closer to 1 when simply cruising at 60mph. I guess the 2.2 with 8.0:1 compression can do most of the work at that speed.

I need to get a housing for it and figure out where to mount it now.
Old 09-03-2000, 03:34 AM   #5
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

I have mine sitting slightly off center(right) ontop of the steering column. I just put some small, no-so-noticable pieces of 3M double sided tape on the clolumn as well as the bottom of the guage itself. So far it hasn't even come loose through very cold winters and very hot summers. The vacumn line is routed very simply down the side of the column and then behind the dash. I'll try to find one of my high quality pictures of it
Old 09-03-2000, 10:36 AM   #6
DLC
out back

Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

So is yours in some kind of case or something to cover the bare metal, or is it just stuck on there?

Where did you run the line for the hose through? I had to do it through the one below the brake booster but i'd love to have a shorter way, or one that doesn't have it stretched across the engine.

I wish they would have included another 6-8 inches of vacuum hose.
Old 09-04-2000, 03:51 AM   #7
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX on order

No case, just the bare metal, but I did paint the back half flat black so it didn't look TOO cheasy. Really, the only person that can see it is a passenger looking over at it. You can't notice it just by looking in the window. Another one of my cheap-ass set-ups I guess

I don't remember exactly how the hose was routed but I remember that there is a rubber grommet in the floor/firewall behind the pedals just doing nothing so I cut an "X" in it and put through there, but yes, mine comes out by the brake booster as well(under it). Then I ran the hose over to the left side of the engine and laid in inbetween the spark plug wires since there is a space inbetween them for another plug wire. Then just right up to the throttle body. Hardly noticeable at all