|03-23-2006, 11:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Down by the seaVehicle:
Four Count 'em
Replacing Forester S with B9T 5PL
Long, long, long time Subaru (multiples) owner and we're actively looking at a B9T to replace my wife's 01 Forester S. For those who own a Tribeca, I've got some questions for you:
1) What kind of deals are you encountering? We're offered invoice minus dealer holdback before trade. Seems kind of ridiculous to assume anyone is doing better than that but you never know. Vehicle is not one of the wind-damaged vehicles and is well-equipped.
2) What are the puddle lights and where are they physically located? None of the Tribecas that I've looked at locally have the puddle lights.
3) Has anyone put on the OEM hitch and transmission cooler? Did a search but the process didn't come up and I haven't seen Peaty's installation how-to over on Scooby-Mods so was curious if anyone has done this. If not, perhaps I'll be the first and do an install walk-through.
4) We're looking at the 5PL w/o DVD and/or GPS. Are there any advantages of the 7PL over the 5PL, other than perhaps the rear A/C? Definitely don't want the DVD and we're just so/so on the GPS.
5) We already have a Garmin GPS V that we switch back and forth between all the Subes and this works well enough. Any real advantages to the Subaru version and how easy is it to use in real-time, day-to-day practice?
6) Has anyone towed with the B9T? What weight, how far and what was the mileage penalty?
7) Do the roof cross-bars adjust? If they don't, then this is a non-starter for us. Has anyone used a Yakima roof system on their's and what is your recommendation. Yak Q-towers and cross bars (apparently Thule doesn't make a system yet) will likely be the way we go. We have a Yakima Black Top Pro 16 cargo box that works well on our 05 LGT Wagon and would like to be able to use this on the B9T too.
Guess that's my questions for now. Thanks in advance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|03-24-2006, 10:34 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North JerseyVehicle:
09 Tribeca 7P SE
Puddle lights are underneath the rocker panels. They are blue leds that lightup when you unlock or open a door. They let you see what is directly under your foot when you step out. They look nice when you approach the car and are a great conversation starter.
They were on my B9 and (I lease) and didn't really care one way or the other. Now that I have them, I would get them again.
Aero roof rack definitely does not adjust, in fact the manual doesn't even have a method to remove them. Given that I use the rack 2 or three times a year I would have prefered a removable system. I did get the ski rack attachment for $95 online, they are Subaru branded Yakima units. Went on real easy. Ski trip got rained out.
I think the third row seat is only useful if you have small children in both back rows. There is alot of adjustment for the second row.
This is my 3rd Subaru. 99 Outback and 03GT Wagon before. This (3K miles) is the best riding, most comfortable of all. Handling is different but still excelent. I don't like the low beams or the gas mileage. I love getting in, driving, the easy access and the reaction of people who haven't seen one before. Most of them are surprised by the look of the dash and the tons of back seat room with the 2nd row all the way back.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|replace 2.2 with a 2.5 with little or no mods?||mybluesubi||Subaru Conversions||57||07-25-2013 07:54 PM|
|Looking for replacement Forester Brake Pads||makofoto||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||7||06-07-2008 04:14 AM|
|replace HG or replace 2.5 with 2.2??||jforma||Service & Maintenance||5||12-07-2007 02:11 PM|
|Poll: what tires did you replace your re92s with?||Langit||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||113||03-30-2002 10:52 AM|
|Replacing IHI RHB5 with IHI RHB6||Tim Prudence||Normally Aspirated Powertrain||2||11-30-2000 01:07 AM|