Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-23-2000, 09:26 PM   #1
DLC
out back

Member#: 1964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Post Other stuff i found out today...

1: The temp sensor on the Turbo is a pain in the ass to change. The service manager at Ogden Subaru was kind enough to let me know about this before he actually started ripping things apart and recommended i reschedule a time where i can leave it for longer. Apparently it involves removing a lot of stuff...

2: I have 3, yes, 3 error codes right now. One for the temp sensor, one for a TPS and the other i can't remember ...

He was pretty sure that fixing the slight intake leak and finding that boost solenoid hose a happy vaccuum-filled port would help and replacing the temp sensor should do the rest. The TPS is "probably" a result of bad mojo from the MAF and other sensors...

3: Subaru was very wise to have the Turbo in AWD only. I installed the "FWD" fuse and now have to re-learn driving my car.

Torque spins the wheels in even the most slightest of turns and torque-steer is rampant at WOT, even scary. The "Torque Bind" is gone but so is the sure-footed acceleration i was used to. Oh well. All it takes is a fuse to switch it back if i need to. $750 doesn't come every day...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 11:33 AM   #2
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Exclamation

If you read your owners manual you might see the paragraph where it warns you not to drive around with AWD disabled unless it is an emergency, for a short distance, or if you don't like your transmission and want to replace it (about $2500).
CRZ_MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 02:02 PM   #3
OG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Black LGT wagon
2000 Silverado

Exclamation

I agree with CRZ_MSL. You're putting way more stress on your tranny by driving FWD than the binding could possibly do. Like I mentioned in another post I drove my '93 L for ~35k miles like this before I _decided_ it was time to replace the transfer clutches. I could've kept driving that way for a while.

OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 02:17 PM   #4
DLC
out back

Member#: 1964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

I'm not seriously going to leave it in FWD for more than a day, i was just getting a confirmation of the problem to satisfy my curiousity.

I do appreciate your input though

I just talked to JCSports and i can get a full swap for $2500, not too shabby really. I guess i'll have to live with the binding till i can get enough for it.
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote