Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > UTEC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
fzturbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 43482
Vehicle:
2004 JDM 2 litre STI
WRB

Default TXS Pro tuner manual.

I bought an used TXS pro tuner with no installation manual, i already powerd it and instaled the lambda in the exhaust line but dont know how to plug it to the UTEC.
Is there any online instruction manual or installation manual of it???
Also, when replacing the knock sensor for the tuner pro one, what do i have to do with the factory conector??? leave it unplugged???
Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions but i couldnt find any online manual.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by fzturbo; 04-07-2006 at 12:29 AM.
fzturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:43 AM   #2
mick_the_ginge
Citizen Mick

Member#: 27646
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 Sleeved 2.5
Oil Dry Sump Goodness

A: UTEC serial cable plugs into the back on the Tuner Pro, you then connect a serial cable to the front of the Tuner Pro and UTEC log as normal

B: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE STOCK KNOCK SENSOR!!!!! Yes that was shouting. The Tuner Pro is designed to use a second knock sensor that you attach to the block yourself. You do not disconnect the stock one. That's bad, very bad

C: http://www.turboxs.com/tunerupdate.htm for the manual. Search is your friend

Last edited by mick_the_ginge; 04-07-2006 at 01:44 AM. Reason: drunken typos
mick_the_ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:09 AM   #3
Lost_Pete
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 100570

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_the_ginge
B: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE STOCK KNOCK SENSOR!!!!! Yes that was shouting. The Tuner Pro is designed to use a second knock sensor that you attach to the block yourself. You do not disconnect the stock one. That's bad, very bad
WHAT HE SAID!!

regards
Pete
Lost_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
fzturbo
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 JDM 2 litre STI
WRB

thanks a lot mick, i did search but didnt found anything.
I've just tried and works perfectly, but when i try to use the MPS uteclogger from nasioc i dont get the AFR reading, and all i want to use is the Real time logmapper. Do i need to conect them separately to the notebook to get it work?? cause right now i setted wb o2 disabled and no AFR reading.
Thanks indeed

Last edited by fzturbo; 04-07-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
fzturbo
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 JDM 2 litre STI
WRB

anyone knows???
Right now i'm just using the N1 logs from the UTEC, but i want to use the logmapper real time.