Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
revhigh96
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 60023
Default Pictures of my current projects - 97 2.5GT

This is the first time I am posting pictures of my car on this board, it is finally starting to become not "just another legacy". So I am using this thread to introduce myself. I have been on here for the past two years just reading so I am not really new but I dont really post either.

This car has been a project that I have worked on slowly for about a year and a half now, it is also my daily driver. About two years ago I bought a mint condition, 60k miles, black 97 2.5GT, beautiful. One month after I got it another car hit me head on (no fault of my own) and totaled it! So this project began.

I bought this silver car for 2k with 180k on the odometer. I have swapped intererior, motor, tranny, brakes, suspension, exhaust and anything else I could from my totaled black car over to the silver one. So now for $2.5k I have basically a 60k mile car that just needs a little paint.

Since I swapped everything over I also got a set of the JDM projector headlights, JDM grill, JDM fogs (hopefully will install this weekend) and just finished a custom in car computer with MP3 and GPS nav and all that (still need a little paint work but the computer is up and running).

My car looks basically stock still so I just took some pics of what is different so far:

My Plans:
New Paint, same color, new front and rear bumpers
Factory mud flaps (they are in just have to go pickup at the dealer)
02 WRX suspension of some type not sure how much I want to spend
JDM outter rear tail lights
JDM projector fogs (this will probably be the first thing to get done)
front and rear swaybars
some sort of mild exhaust, dont want to be loud but I sure do like how these engines sound

Let me know what you guys think, I'm still not sure if I like the grill or not (due to the half inch gap at the bottom).

Also what color to paint the arear around the touchscreen/radio trim so that it looks factory?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
revhigh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
MCarp22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 102684
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Deep Cherry

sell the grille and get one from a newer model that fits!
MCarp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
revhigh96
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 60023

From what I have been reading, none of the JDM grills will fit. This, from what I have found, is the taller of the two JDM grills. This one is too tall for the other USDM bumper that is flat across but not tall enough for the USDM GT front bumper.

If there is one that fits that would be amazing! Somebody help my out!
revhigh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
MCarp22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 102684
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Deep Cherry

Ah ok, clearly you've done better research than I have. Great looking car BTW.
MCarp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
Jonathan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4021
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Hmm.. You replaced your silver cars centre ventalation ducts with an LCD screen ?
Did you re-route the centre ducts elsewhere ?
I take it you used fibre-glass & pastic to fabricate the moulding around your screen ?

I am not sure it the trade off between centre ducts vs. a properly located LCD screen would be worth-while for me, but it is certainly very impressive work.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote