Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > UTEC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
TurbojonLS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 38772
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2 Cars, No Bling

Default Perrin EBCS & Boost Map

For those of you who are using Perrin's EBCS, what kind of changes did you need to make to your boost map values? The instructions say 30% reductions for interrupt mode (which I'll be using) - are these accurate? What about changes to the Gain (as if spool can be too quick )?

Mods (just in case it matters):
Drop-in Filter
Samco IC hoses
HKS Replica Header
Helix Uppipe
Madad V1 Shorty downpipe
Prodrive ABE
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by TurbojonLS; 04-19-2006 at 01:36 PM.
TurbojonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
TheMadScientist
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23717
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 Big red

I use the GM solenoid, basicly the same as the EBCS.
You will need to raise you gain a couple of points to reduce spiking. I would start with ~150 in the boost map and work your way up in steps ~20. When you start to see the boost rise with the map #'s reduce your steps to ~10. Once you start to control the boost with the new solenoid the #'s in the boost map become more sensitive.

TMS
TheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Xman23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50224
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

Yours had instructions?

Percentage wise I'm not sure. I knew it was coming though. I dropped everything in my boost map by 100 and worked upward.

I didn't have to work up very far.

Just make sure you drop them down to something. I shiver when I think of what would have happened with the EBCS and my old map...
Xman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
TurbojonLS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 38772
Vehicle:
2 Cars, No Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman23
Yours had instructions?

Percentage wise I'm not sure. I knew it was coming though. I dropped everything in my boost map by 100 and worked upward.

I didn't have to work up very far.

Just make sure you drop them down to something. I shiver when I think of what would have happened with the EBCS and my old map...
Yeah, the scientific inquisitive part of me wants to datalog boost pre EBCS, post EBCS (same map), & post EBCS (revised map). I think it would be an interesting comparison. But the part of me that doesn't want to hit fuel cut & do bad things to my motor isn't so keen on the idea. Maybe I'll cut my boost values in half just to run the comparison.
TurbojonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
TheMadScientist
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23717
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 Big red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbojonLS
Yeah, the scientific inquisitive part of me wants to datalog boost pre EBCS, post EBCS (same map), & post EBCS (revised map). I think it would be an interesting comparison. But the part of me that doesn't want to hit fuel cut & do bad things to my motor isn't so keen on the idea. Maybe I'll cut my boost values in half just to run the comparison.
If you want to run a low boost comparo. Up the boost #'s until you get jusy over wastegate pressure. That way the solenoid is controlling boost and not the wastegate.

TMS
TheMadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote