Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
TurbojonLS
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (52)

Member#: 38772
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2 Cars, No Bling

Default Mach V Stainless Steel Brake Lines

One of my stock brake lines was rubbing against my coilovers and resulted in the line wearing down. Not through, but there was an easily visible indentation in the line that definitely caused me some concern.

I replaced them with the Stainless Steel Brake Lines from Mach V Motorsports (http://www.fastwrx.com/teststbrlibl.html).

As you can see, they're covered in red sheathing, and include all the hardware you need. Install was just as simple as installing any other brake line, with the same amounts of mess. Some notes:

--The supplied brake caliper banjo bolts aren't exactly 14mm like the stock ones, they're a little larger. You can use a 14mm box wrench, but it won't go on smoothly.
--The rear brake line clips (that hold the brake lines to the shocks) are a pain. The groove in the Mach V Lines is narrower than the already narrow groove in the stock lines. It took a little flattening of the clips and a lot of cussing and twisting, but they do go back on. (Having done these clips probably 10 times on various suspensions I've installed, I think I'm experienced enough to say that this was more difficult than the stock lines. The person helping me has probably worked on twice as many suspensions as I have, and was having similar difficulties).

I had ATE Super Blue in the system previously, so I just used more Super Blue. We bled in the order of Passenger Front, Driver Rear, Driver Front, Passenger Rear, first with the car off, then with the car on. This second bleed step really seemed to help with the feel of the pedal. It gained even more firmness.

Impressions:
These lines made a noticible difference in brake feel. There is almost no slop anymore, and the brakes are very firm. I definitely recommend them to anyone.

Other Search Terms:
Fastwrx
SS Lines
Break/Breaks ()
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TurbojonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Capt Crunch
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (15)

Member#: 10852
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

I have these as well and they do the job for much less than other braided lines. I like how they are coated. I recommend them.
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote