Head bolt torqueing sequence for a ej25/ej22 sohc:
C A F
E B D
<----- front of motor
1. apply a coat of engine oil to washers and bolt threads
2. tighten all bolts to 22 ft. lbs. in alphabetical sequence. then tighten all bolts to 51 ft. lbs. in alphabetical sequence.
3. back off all bolts(in sequence) by 180 degrees. back off all bolts again (in sequence) 180 degrees.
4. tighten bolts A & B to 25 ft lbs.
5. tighten bolts C,D,E and F to 11 ft. lbs.
6. tighten all bolts (in sequence) 80-90 degrees. DO NOT EXCEED 90 DEGREES
7. Further tighten all bolts (in sequence) by 80-90 degrees. BETWEEN STEPS 6&7 NO NOT EXCEED 180 degrees.
More to come.