Originally Posted by moestock
In theory this seems like a good thing. I was wondering what people with 08s have to say about it. I've read good and bad comments scattered about this forum.
I have a few questions:
1. How steep of an incline is required for it to activate, or is it everytime you stop with the clutch depressed?
2. Does it work the same in reverse? (I would assume so but..)
3. How long do the brakes hold? (I've read anywhere from 1 to 12 seconds, which is it?)
I've seen posts on here with people complaining of having to slip the clutch, 1st gear sticking, grinding noises and whatnot. Personally I wouldnt mind having this feature, is there some reason I shouldnt want it?
1. Doesnt take much of an incline.
2. Only works when the nose of the car is higher than the rear. So no, it doesnt work if you are backing up a hill.
3. They release as soon as you release the clutch. Or it should. Its a mechanical mechanism, there is no timer, if its holding after the clutch pedal has come up more than an inch off the floor, then you need to take your car to the dealer to have it adjusted. Its supposed to release IMMEDIATELY.