I had some success with the following ...let me explain my scenario.
1. Installed the latest version of Accessport Manager
2. I installed the accessTuner Race software
3. Tried to hook up car via accessTuner....
4. An install for Cobb FU or something came up...(I was like WTF?)
4.5 Cannot connect...blah blah
5. Tried ecuExplorer...no luck...could not connect
6. Found the dongle instructions and latest ecuExlorer.exe file via Cobb website. Followed instructions. No luck.
7. Went to Device manager and noticed Cobb FU thing with yellow question mark
8. Reinstalled driver by pointing to the directory for where the dongle instructions/new ecuExplorer.exe were located.
9. Both apps work now...