View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #59
Calum W.
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 181932
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia
2008 Impreza 2.5i


I have a feeling you're thinking of a strut tower brace, a very different component.
A sway bar (or stabilizier bar) mounts in four location, two to the body that allow the bar to bend, and a connection to each sides suspension. The sway bar transfers spring tension from one side to the other, allowing the car to have it's springs and dampers setup to keep the tires on the road (read soft) and still limiting body roll.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calum W. is offline   Reply With Quote