Originally Posted by klattery
Thanks for the nice R&D - kudos for the contribution.
So from what I can tell this is different from other TD06H - 20G's in that it has:
1) Inconel wheel - is it lighter?
2) Custom housing - maybe better? Is turbine housing like 7cm or 8cm 20G?
3) 18psi actuator - seems a bit high, but should help build boost.
4) Looks nice - what kind of coating is that - just paint or ...?
1) Inconel Wheel is better for heat , and keeps heat out of bearings much better then standard wheels.
2) APS cast their own housings, so the quality of the casting is top notch.
3) The 18PSi actuator is nice, as you stated helps build boost a bit faster, and is nice for guys who want to just run WG pressure.
4) Its just APS paint, similar to what they coat their Intakes and Intercooler pipes with.
Only side note, is this turbo was designed for the GD chassis. So the WG actuator sits on top of the turbo, instead of the side like OEM. Causing some clearance issues with a Stock TMIC. So at this point we are not advertising this is a bolt on to the GR chassis. But will work with no problems on the previous cars. Or if you have a FMIC setup on a GR Chassis.
Also the oil line supplied for this turbo is for WRX's and for 2007 STi's. So if you have something other then that, you might need to get a new oil feed line. I talked to APS about this issue after we already got this turbo on our 08 STi. And they said that the stock feed line should work.
And the last thing, as with any 8cm^3 housing, like the Bloush Dom series, the engine block will need to be slightly ground down about 1/4" near the bell housing to allow the turbo to sit on flat on the up pipe flange.