Thread: Rough idle
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #15
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 38829
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Tigard, OR
Not your usual 1997
Legacy GT


You should be able to pick up v-power plugs at any decent auto parts store. Napa, Checker/Schuck's/Kragen, AutoZone, etc. My motor takes a BKR5E-11, yours should be similar. You should be able to look it up on NGK's website.

If you don't want to have to change plugs as often you can run the NGK Laser Platinum plugs, but they're around $50 a set. V-powers are like $8-10 for four. I don't mind changing them, so I go for the copper plugs.

MAF is mass air flow, usually referring to the sensor itself, but it's a technology that approximates air flow based on a thin wire with a known resistance/current flow. As more air flows past the heated wire, it cools it and changes the resistance.

Anyway, the MAF sensor is the electronic device in the round intake pipe in between the air filter and the throttle body.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fastenova is offline   Reply With Quote