And a general shot of everything:
And last, a pic of the wire wheel chucked up in my drill, as well as a shot of a brand new wire wheel for my dremel, and the used wire wheel (the brand new one woudln't chuck up right, wrong size collet):
Before, my car would spool the turbo around 3 grand (when I could hear it start to spool). Now, after wrapping it, it starts around 1,750 rpm (when I can hear it). I can go up hills in 5th gear now, it's impressive.
I will post a few more pics of the ONE problem I had with the Megan UP, and my fix.
Annnnnnd, the problems:
So, the Megan UP came with a hardware kit. The gaskets weren't OEM quality, but where better than I was expecting. They were at least metal, unlike the gaskets on the old manifold.
The studs were really nice, at least I thought that until I tried puttnig the downpipe in. I only put 3 studs in the UP, since I will only be using 3. Well, as you can see, the studs that came with the UP are longer than the OEM studs:
I have an exhaust housing from a TD04L laying around, so I put a stud in the right spot to demonstrate, and put the housing on the old UP and snapped two pics. Imagine trying to put a downpipe on this housing, with this stud in the way:
I ended up putting some tape over the exhaust turbine on my turbo and just cutting the stud shorter. The actual threaded part of the stud is even longer than the threaded part of the original studs, so just cutting the 'easy install' part of the top of the stud doesn't work.
This mod was most certainly worth it, spool is insanly early now.
And, obligatory mod list:
Megan Racing UP
Wrapped crossover pipe
Mexican muffler mod (washers where the axle back bolts up to the mid pipe)