View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #37
3MI Racing
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 200987
Chapter/Region: MAIC

well as this group buy has kept rolling on; I figured I'd add some information for those interested.
I've made a few simple graphs to demonstrate the differences in the rotating assembly, mainly between the EJ257 and the 3MI Racing Long rod kit. For those interested in the short rod kit, would fall between the EJ257 and Long rod kit, closer to the EJ257.

In this graph, you can see the instantaneous piston acceleration. Acceleration of the piston leaving TDC is the leading caues of rod failures in motors do to stress of the rod trying to pull the piston away from TDC. This also puts great load on the rod bearing, which we all know if a great failure point on our beloved EJ series motors.
This graph also displays the differences in dwell at Top Dead Center and Bottom Dead Center. This is where the 'breathing' changes are made in a long vs. shortrod motor.

This graph displays the instantaneous velocities of the two different shortblocks.

This is a graph to purely show the difference in loading via combustion of the various rod ratios.

Acceleration and Velocity Data is for both assebmlies at 8500 RPM

Oh and bump
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 3MI Racing; 07-13-2009 at 02:38 PM.
3MI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote