I then painted the new pieces. I just painted the exposed parts. Since this is galvanized aluminum, it should last as long as I need it to last. Below are some different shots of the semi-finished product.
In this picture you can see that I've reused the oem rubber molding.
I ended up starting at the front of the splitter and then worked my way to the new edge. I had to cut the lip so that it rounded the corner without deforming too much. Again, I used the 3/16 drill bit to drill new holes for the plastic taps. It's a perfect fit! Once I reached the backside of the splitter, I cut the remaing rubber off. I then started back in the middle again with the other end of the leftover rubber. Notice I am done with the exception of the rear piece. This is where the back plate of the splitter reaches the back of the TMIC.
Since I had two stock splitters to use, I used the rubber from the spare one. However before I used the spare rubber, I tried to find a good weather/garage door sealer to use, but didn't find anything I liked. This back rubber piece really only needed to be ~1/2" thick. I attached the back piece with the stock plastic clips.
I test-fitted the piece and noticed that on one side, the edge of the TMIC caught the rubber just barely and folded over one row of fins. To remedy this, I reached inside the scoop and pushed the rubber off the TMIC so it hung over the side. I then took a sharpy (again with hood closed) and drew where I had to trim the rubber. After trimming, the rubber gently sits on the edge of the TMIC creating a perfect seal.
This was my only screwup... Since the one side was slightly off, the other side was slightly off too, so as you can see, I have about 1/4" of a gap that I haven't been able to deal with yet... I think I'll just leave it to help push the turbo heat away though.