View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 231700
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Central PA
2004 WRX Wagon


Buy a MAC valve (part number 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA) and save money for your tune. It cost me about $35 for the valve, a couple fittings, and some vacuum line. I just spliced into the existing BCS harness and soldered on the leads from the MAC valve. Otherwise you'll need to find a pigtail that works with the BCS harness. I didn't feel like spending the time or money tracking one down. Used double sided tape to stick it to the existing BCS bracket and put a zip tie around it for security. The MAC valve is the same one used by a variety of performance parts manufacturers. It is working great for me so far on the e-tune that I'm getting right now. REMEMBER: YOU WILL NEED A TUNE! Otherwise you'll overboost since the wastegate duty cycle must be lowered quite a bit for a 3 port.

Also, update your profile with your car details so we know what you've got.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fenix-silver is offline   Reply With Quote