I started the easiest part of the motor build today, buying the components. Here is the list so far:
This car has 169,555 miles so I'm doing some extra maintenance parts while I'm in there.
1) Subaru OEM Gasket Kit - 10105AA860 - Purchased
2) NPR Piston & Ring Kit - Link
- Stock size - Purchased
(took a risk on these... we'll see.
3) ACL Bearing Kit - Waiting on sizing until after crank polishing. - Pending
4) Timing Belt Kit - PCI Belt, GMB pulleys and tensioner. Link
5) Water Pump Kit - GMB Pump. Link
6) Clutch Kit - Exedy KSB04. http://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-KSB04-OEM-Replacement-Clutch/dp/B001B5EMS4/ref=au_pf_ss_1?ie=UTF8&Model=Impreza|62&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Subaru|13&Year=2000|2000&carId=003 - Purchased
7) Power Steering Pump Rebuild Kit - Purchased
8) Aluminum oil separator (to replace the crappy plastic one that leaks). - Purchased
9) 3-4" Outside Micrometers (and other sizes) - Purchased
10) 3.5-4" Inside, 3-point Micrometer (for bore size) - Pending
11) Assembly lube/sealant/fluids/filters - Pending
12) A second set of EJ25 SOHC heads - - Still looking
EDIT: I've decided NOT to build a second block. The NPR pistons were a bust... too small. I'm going to rebuild the block that's in the car.