View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 40500
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW, TX
16 Forester XT


Originally Posted by Kansei View Post
bought my car two years ago and i was looking to retune it. well i had my friend start working on it and its locked...

the ECU says "KINGPIN" in big gold letters on it and i looked into that and its apparently a guy that tunes using AP's and doesnt sell them... just tunes and lets you go.

so what do i do now? i cant tune it. i cant datalog. i cant do ****!?
If it's an AP tune I understand there are two options (actually 3 if you want to buy a new ECU). I've only had personal experience with one of these. First option is to send your ECU to Cobb and they will unlock it and return it to stock. I've done this and the process will take about a week with shipping times.
Second option is to buy an AP I've heard there is a way to marry it and then revert to stock. I think it's kind of the process expected if you lose or break your AP. I've never tried this.

Couple of other suggestions, contact Kingpin. Check with some local tuners, they may charge a small fee. Or contact Cobb, their support and service is the best!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jnmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote