Originally Posted by nemesisryder0627
Hey guys I just wanted to show everyone the condition I found my wiring harness after doing this conversion. I have a 2011 WRX and filed down the tabs correctly and everything was good for months. I decided that I wanted to go with the Retro Fit Source HID kit and when I was in the process of installing it I found my passenger side wiring harness connector looked like this because it completely fried the inner plasitc portion. Just figured I'd show people what happened to me after almost a year with this conversion.
My harness connectors look brand new and until recently I have been running these bulbs (over 2 1/2 years in total). What you are showing above is not normal. Do you have any water entering into your lights? Also, did you use dielectric grease in the contacts when you connected them? Usually, corroded joints are due to not being shielded properly from the elements. There should be no reason for that damage from 65 W, especially if you've been running them off the normal wiring harness (which would have not supplied you that much power probably to begin with).