These were a lot of fun back in the day. I wanted to start these up again to get my self to go out and shoot more. The NWIC should as well!
To make it an easy subject that anyone can go out and take pictures of I have chosen Fall in the Northwest!
Here is a good example from last years assignments: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...oto+assignment
The Rules are as follows:
1) Assignments will run bi-monthly with an assignment from the 1st through the 15th of the month and the 16th through the end of the month. (This one will start today, the 25th and run until the 15th of November)
READ ME FIRST
2) The host supplies a topic and the entrants post 1-3 of their best images.
3) The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd). He/she is not eligible to enter.
-The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to the new champion.
-For simplicity a new thread should be started by the winner with the new topic.
4) The host should post a sample photo of the assignment topic to "get the ball rolling."
5) To keep a level playing field,
*** the photos for the assignment MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN THE ASSIGNMENT PERIOD ***
(however, the host may be able to post a photo from outside of this period to give the entrants a sample photo).
6) Each photo should be no larger than 1024 pixels at its largest side
7) Borders or Watermarks are not permitted
8) Post the camera type, lens, and if possible the EXIF data, (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc) with the photo.
9) Photographers should also be from the NWIC.
This isn't because we are a bunch of elitist jerks,
it's a way to keep the number of photo submissions down to a manageable level for the judging
and because it is an NWIC photographer assignment after all
10) Violations of the rules listed herein may lead to the deletion of your submission.
Example (not my photo):