View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #497
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 254170
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Pomona, CA
1997 Legacy GT
GW- Socal F4 #46


Originally Posted by spazegun2213 View Post
alright, this may sound like a really REALLY random question, but here it is any way. For older cars, mid 80's and even into the early 90's, are there CARB approved parts? I'd assume its a no, since the CARB program started after that time (I assume). So what happens if you were to buy a mildly modded car and try and take it to get smogged? Could you simply say these parts are to old? or would you have to source stock parts to pass a visual?

I'm not even going to bother with emissions, since that is passed by having a working cat.

Sorry for the random question, but I've not really seen an answer.
There are CARB approved parts for vehicles of all years. 95-older vehicles are allowed aftermarket intakes as long as they are installed properly. Depending on what parts have been replaced you may have to source out factory replacements or CARB legal components. Unfortunately we can not pass vehicles with aftermarket components even if they are older than '97 (when law came in to effect)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EPlascencia60 is offline   Reply With Quote