View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #498
Scooby Specialist
Member#: 91208
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Italia
the '13 Ktm Duke


Originally Posted by EPlascencia60 View Post
There are CARB approved parts for vehicles of all years. 95-older vehicles are allowed aftermarket intakes as long as they are installed properly. Depending on what parts have been replaced you may have to source out factory replacements or CARB legal components. Unfortunately we can not pass vehicles with aftermarket components even if they are older than '97 (when law came in to effect)
Thanks for the answer! wow, I cant believe that I've been thinking about that for a while, and within hours I have a real defined answer!

So is there any way to look up carb legal parts? And how in depth is the visual inspection? We had a visual in Va, but as long as there was nothing really out of order (eg rotated turbo, really blingy stuff, etc) you were ok. It sounds like here you could fail for a CAI that is not carb legal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
spazegun2213 is offline   Reply With Quote