Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

June 11, 2013

What's being installed: Forester XT CP635U1 Head Unit w/ 4.3" Screen

Mileage: 7,767

Ever since I bought the car, I knew upgrading the audio was a definite. The stock HU left a lot to be imagined and always made me wonder why wasn't there a better option from the factory. The OEM navigation is the only other choice one has when ordering this car and even to me, the OEM navi isn't anything to write home about either. It looks unfinished and just shoved into the dash. However, I knew there had to be a better alternative to get something simple and better.

I was on the verge of picking up an aftermarket HU with all the bells and whistles, but I started to think about what I actually need it for. Navigation... I use my iphone. Then when going to an aftermarket piece, I would have to get all the harness's, parts, and it would become a whole task that I wasn't prepared to do at the moment. Started doing some research and came across the HU from the 2012 Foresters. Had a 4.3" screen with tons of info on it, is OEM and plugs right in, and a price hard to beat. Started my search on finding one and luckily, came across one not to far from me!

Got it from rxfuel for a great price and it came exactly as described! Thanks Mike! Came home from work, saw at my doorstep, and literally got to installing it before I even got into the house. I couldn't believe how simple it was! Literally plug and play. The upgrade was SO worth it. Sound is way better, tons more info on the screen that displays the artist, song, and album all right there. Also, you can navigate through the ipod on the screen just like you would on the iphone. Bluetooth linked right up and HD radio was a nice treat. I canNOT believe this didn't come with the car, or at least make it an option. It fits perfectly into the interior and is a great update. Sound quality is a huge difference and actually makes the sound pretty damn good. Has room for a reverse camera and an u[graded subwoofer if I so please. I do plan on taking a stab at the reverse camera down the road. I've done quite a bit to the car already, but spending only a few minutes with this thing and I can already tell you it is one of my favorite mods, no question.

If anyone is looking for an OEM option and not looking to get all crazy with the audio mods, this is definitely a perfect choice!!

Manual for the HU: http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/695...203Aall_13.pdf

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 06-12-2013 at 10:27 AM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote