View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
utekineir
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 233758
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Modern diesels just arent as appealing as the old ones. Dpf filter, sensiivity to fuel lubricity, etc etc. I don't know about this engine in particular but it seems the majority of the new diesels out there have at least one boogeyman (i.e. the fuel system grenading in cr tdi vws).

$2850 is actually less of an increase than i was expecting, but i wonder how it will affect price flexibility, especially early on.

Pickups have big margins, and much more wiggle room on price than most passenger vehicles.

My work truck is a 13' hemi ram express 4x4 that with a sticker of 32 that was bought for 25. Hopefully that 20% price movement stays intact.

Its averaging around 18mpg, still hasn't seen an oil change or broken in, hoping for 20 mpg later on. It does require relying on cruise to get the ecu to activate eco mode frequently though. The behavior of the cylinder deactivation doesn't work well with a person that keeps their foot on the throttle steady, it acts like it needs a change in vacuum to activate eco after dropping it from something like a hill for example.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote