Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

April 2, 2014

What's being installed: HT Auto Rear Spats

Mileage: 17,319

Slowly but surely, I am completing the lip kit around the car. Came across a member selling brand new HT Auto rear spats for a great price, so I decided to snag them. Got them in about 2 days all the way from Cali! Came home for lunch this afternoon and decided to pop them on the car.

Overall, the quality is nice. Same material used as the front lip, but it has more of a satin finish than matte like the lip. Comes with 4 plastic push pins to install. Fitment is pretty good, definitely had to muscle some of the plastic pins in the holes, but I managed to pop them in. You use 2 of the pins already on the car and 2 of the ones supplied for each side. For anyone installing these, make sure you clean out all debris/rocks in the area. I had a little trouble getting the pins in since there was gravel in the way. After I cleaned them out and had a mound of rocks and gravel on my garage floor, they went in much easier. Everything lined up well and is nice and even with the lines of the car. I really enjoy the way it squares off the rear end of the car and gives it a bit more of an aggressive look. For something this inexpensive, it's pretty much a no brainer if you are wanting to add something to the rear end. I just need to find the side skirt extensions, so I will keep my eye out for good deal.

For now, here are some mediocre pictures I managed to get before heading back to work. Not the best, but they will do for now. I also got a quick snap of the newly finished headlights in the daylight. Not the best since there's a lot of reflection. I'll get some better shots later. I really do love the new look of them. Makes me crack a smile every time I see them. Not to mention they are impeccable after I touched everything up. Sorry for the dirty car! Got a good amount of rain over the last couple days and haven't had time to give it a good wash.

Going to try and find time this weekend to install the SPC LCA's. Little hesitant as I might just let AZP install them so I am not driving with the rear alignment out of spec. I'll see what the weekend holds.

Oh and since I am not going stage 2 any time soon (if at all), I am offering my 5" nameless axleback to anyone interested. I am going to go with the muffler delete, so let me know if you are interested.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 04-02-2014 at 11:09 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote