Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

July 1, 2014

What's being installed: HPT Motorsports Side Skirt Extensions

Mileage: 20,716

With my mind going back and forth selling the car, I had some mixed emotions on what I really wanted to do next. Do I keep modding the car? Do I stop where I am at? Do I sell? After spending the weekend watching the race to the clouds, I got some motivation to "finish" the car. I had a few mods that I wanted to do for a while and figured I might as well do them while I have the car to enjoy.

Having both the JNA front lip and HT rear spats, I knew getting the side skirt extensions was next on the list. The car looked unfinished and missing something. While I wanted something that matched the current pieces on the car, I didn't want anything over the top or extreme. I was always a fan of the extensions that had a simple straight line with no added flare. This led me to HPT Motorsports side skirts. They were just what I was looking for. Bit on the pricey side, but I knew if I wanted to do it right, I would just have to bite the bullet.

Emailed Eric at HPT and he answered all my questions promptly and was a pleasure working with. Ordered them last Thursday, thinking I would get them this week. However, they arrived the next day (friday) as I was backing out of the garage to head to New Hampshire. Big thank you to HPT and Eric for the awesome deal, fast shipping, and awesome product.

I didn't get a chance to open up the box until yesterday, so I was really anticipating putting them on the car. Upon inspection, they looked to be very durable. Has a lot of flex so they can mold to the shape of the car easily and comes with 3M double sided tape installed and all hardware needed. Overall, I was impressed on the initial inspection. Had some free time after work yesterday evening, so I decided to tackle the install. Popped the side skirts off from the car so it would be a bit easier to clean them up and line them up properly. Screwed them in with the self tapping screws and I was done in about 45 minutes. They fit extremly well and go to each end perfectly. No short ends or anything of that nature. Went up very easily and looks fantastic. Gives a whole other dimension to the car and it finally looks complete! I really love the new finished look.

I only managed to snap iPhone pictures, so I apologize. I have been meaning to get the car cleaned up and take it out for a nice shoot someday soon. Maybe over the long holiday weekend I will get a chance. For now, this will suffice!

As for what is next, I am waiting on Jason to finish up some alcantara interior bits that I can pop on to freshen up the interior. Nothing crazy, just wanted to give it a cleaner look and get rid of the "leather". I will update when they come in.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote